Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Day 15: Mentors

Sheryl Sandberg (COO of Facebook) currently tops my
wishlist of mentors.
This woman is ridiculously inspiring with her uber impressive CV,


academic track record and the fact that she's also a
wife and a mum.


Talk about being the woman who has it all.

She has recently created a lot of awareness around the lack of
women in senior management and when this
woman speaks you sit up.

Sheryl joins the ranks of Oprah, Angela Ahrendt and Khanyi Dhlomo
on my imaginary "Vimbai's mentors" list.

Refer here for Sheryl's TED talk: http://www.ted.com/talks/sheryl_sandberg_why_we_have_too_few_women_leaders.html








1 comment:

kookie said...

Catching up on my reading, I must say she does make a great mentor! The New Yorker article is a great read and I came away thinking its never too late to break new ground, take chances and rise to the top.

Oh and I'd forgotten that at some point although popular FB wasn't generating any money...nice little reminder there.