Sunday, July 17, 2011

Day 13 & 14: Deja Vu


One of my favourite scenes in the first installment of The Matrix is when Neo and Trinity are walking up some stairs in some random building (as they usually do) and Keanu Reeve's character spots a cat repeating a movement and says, "Deja Vu" and Trinity then informs him that someone's messed with the programming...or was it blueprint.

I never get deja-vu, well in the correct sense of the expression which according to Wikipedia is:

"is the experience of feeling sure that one has already witnessed or experienced a current situation, even though the exact circumstances of the previous encounter are uncertain and were perhaps imagined."

Mapping life's patterns and themes comes second nature to me, so I am in a perpetual state of deja vu...I just never get those obvious deja-vu moments people get when going down an escalator or walking into a room. Mine are more like, "haven't I seen this before, played out on Life's stage."

The fuel situation, or rather the lack of fuel situation in Johannesburg this weekend was some serious deja-vu:

- Driving at 40km per/hr so not to waste what little fuel you already have;
- Reconsidering functions hosted a million miles from your place;
- Calculating the most direct routes to places that do not involve climbing mini-mountains or hills and;
- By no means using the air conditioner to warm up your car.

I had been "here" before. It wasn't fun then and it isn't fun now.

Hopefully this particular case of deja-vu vaporises this week sometime, in the meantime, I'll be the one crawling along the highway at 20km per/hr ;-)

Stay blessed chickens,

V x

3 comments:

kookie said...

So wait...you DONT get Deja Vu? *cocks head to the side confused* why come?

I get it all the time but then again my memory is shoddy at best so maybe Im remembering things Ive done before *shrug*.

As for the fuel situation...isn't there the opposite of Deja Vu for instances like this? Where you feel like you are experiencing everything for the first time so your irritation is lessened?

Shona Vixen said...

I think I get Deja vu a lot for that matter too...sigh...
Hope the petrol situation is better

Vimbai said...

@Kooks: The opposite of Deja vu...Kooks, you just reverse engineered my post and now i'm confused. I never get deja-vu, i think deja-vu is for people with poor memories...I on the otherhand remember exactly when I felt/saw/been where I am in a moment, hehehe.

@Shona: Ndine full-tank...i'm even thinking of storing petrol muchigubu, just in case (you can take the girl out of Zim, but not the Zim outta the girl).