Before I begin my post properly, may we just take 10 seconds out to comment on the picture above.
Guys, that's one helluva of a long shark...it's longer than the itty bitty kayak *cringe*
Everything in me is hoping that this poster is one of those photoshopped items, otherwise...yah, as they would say in Zim slang, "it's late".
Back to the post:
Voice of Reason
Call it what you will, I am in the habit of never listening to it (to my own detriment). Instead I have been known to stubbornly forward march when everything in me is yelling that I should have backed up a couple gazillion miles back.
In the past, and by past I mean everything before this very minute in time (he he), I have been a staunch supporter of forced outcomes. Instead of taking heed that the person or action I insist on interacting with or participating in, respectively, would do me no favours, I come up with an alternative outcome that better suits me and supports my own judgement, as opposed to taking heed of that niggling feeling.
The older I get the more faith I place in this in-built alert system of mine (seeing as my lets-force-issues approach has netted me ZERO results) and if I listen carefully at this exact moment, it is telling me the following:
- Remove X from Blackberry Messenger contacts list;
- Ship is sinking, ship is sinking, find alternative transportation;
- You're too big for this box;
- Wait. Don't reach out. Don't contact. Nothing. Wait.
- You can help.
- Bad news...don't even consider it...why are you still considering it...can you stop considering it already. Yes, I'm talking to YOU.
- You're in the right direction.
- It's really up to you, the rest of the pieces are there to be linked up.
Most of these messages have been sitting on the backlog list of my "voice of reason" but like they say, better late than never (they also say "better late than pregnant", but i digress).
Care to share what your intuition/sixth sense/niggling feeling/voice of reason is saying to YOU right now?
Holla in the comments ;-)