Thursday, April 08, 2010

Imma Be....

Imma be Less Naïve: Until the early hours of Sunday morning, I didn’t actually know who Eugene Terreblanch was. I didn’t know there was a pretty large Neo-Nazi following in the North-West Province of South Africa. Then again, I’m not exactly going out of my way to find out more information about resident white supremacists and for some reason, I though that “associations” like those belonged in dirty south of North America and icy terrains of Russia. Guess I was wrong then.

Hasn’t history shown us on numerous occasions that pulling the, “we’re the chosen ones” or ‘we’re the entitled ones” card is a downward slippery slope into the hallows of some sort of ethnic cleansing?

Back to the Eugene character, fair enough, he was murdered and that’s not something to be taken lightly. The taking of life is no laughing matter people. However, the irony at the end of the day is this is a man who communicated and promoted violence and turmoil, so is at all surprising that that was the way he left this earth?

He’s The Maker’s problem now.

*smh* Swastika’s, nothing good ever came out of that emblem.

Love and Peace people, Love and Peace.

Imma be More Expensive: No, this does not mean expensive in the literal sense, i.e. the monetary/high maintenance one, but more in the sub-Saharan expression meaning “to be scarcer”. For example, I would say, “Shonavixen has been so expensive these days, judging by the frequency of her blog posts” - *ahem*, that was just a “hypothetical scenario, hehehe.

Now that the Lenten period is over, it showed me that in order to focus my energies on more character building activities; I would have to cut-back on some things that don’t require my constant input or people that are more options than priority individuals. It sucks, but during my 40 day hiatus, I realised that something had to give!

Imma be Drake's Numero Uno Fan: It’s possible I’ve been living under a rock for the past year, but I know that’s not it. It’s more a case of people creating mad hype about a thing or a person that inadvertently puts me off the thing or person. Classic current example being that iPad thingy-majig *eye roll*

“This album’s for my fans, but yo this hook is for my exes.” – Replacement Girl

Anywho, as the age old saying goes, where there’s smoke there’s fire and let’s just say, I’m burning up here. I got my hands on his two mixtapes, from the most unlikely source ever, and it’s be bliss ever since. He’s a lyrical savant, I love me a quotable lyricist, and this boy covers a range of topics from the sensitive to the mucho to the comedic, he covers the all. He’s made it easy to like him. Very easy.

“If Hov is Jordan, I guess I’m cool with Pippen.” – Going in for Life

Holla your, “Imma be” statements in the comments!

--------------------------------------

Alright chickens, enjoy the last few days of the week and stay blessed!

Love,

V x

13 comments:

blogoratti said...

Imma be less expensive...hehe.
Drake's aight tho'.

How is it going?

My Bestfriend's Little Sister(MBLS) said...

Hey Vimbai, on Eugene, I was really surprised the big deal the media this side was making about this guy being killed and how it's some deep race issue. I mean really, he was just the victim of a crime like anyone else in SA who has been a victim of a crime. I really don't understand what the big deal of him being murdered is, he's not the first to go in that manner.

Shona Vixen said...

Hiii why was I used in that hypothetical example?Hidden message?
I'mma be a doer and less of a talker! Yep no more talking of my plans...as Nikes says I'mma just do it!!

Vimbai said...

@Blogoratti: So we can expect a zillion more blog posts from yourself, noice!!

I'm good, just waiting on Friday, beautiful Friday :-)

@MBLS: I'm weak they're giving so much airtime to a guy who's main aim in life (as given by his history)was to marginalise and mistreat people of colour.

I hope the police address the crime, that was his murder, otherwise...on to the next one.

@Shona: I thought i was being super smart, sending an underlying msg for you to update your blog, only to see that you had already updated it! Clearly the last laugh was on me :-)

Just do it ek se!

Shona Vixen said...

Vimbai, its all YOUR fault that I can't get this Black Eyed Peas song out of my head!!
ALL YOUR FAULT!!!

kookie said...

Initially I was going to say Imma be more loving and less critical of peoples views...that went out the window about 5 minutes ago...thanks Shona's blog for that! lol

Terreblanche .... when I have nothing nice to say I say nothing at all EXCEPT what I just wrote lol

Imma be MORE passionate in everything, in life, in general. Whatver you are thinking that is it. Grabbing life by neck and saying "Is you staying or going because i have stuff to do!"

Jaycee said...

Imma be less expensive too...you know, I'm slowly realizing that the most productive people carefully select where their inputs are the most productive, and they ignore all other platforms. I want to be that way too...

I am now less naive by reading about Eugene Terreblanch here on your blog. I don't go out of my way to research supremacists either, but this is the sole benefit of reading thought-provoking pieces.

Funms-the rebirth said...

Imma stop wasting time on distracting things and be more productive

Shamimama~ said...

Ima be in Nigeria in a month and Imma be working on my muroora skills till then. Imma be serious about going to the gym and Imma be serious about not drinking wine ERRRRday after work...the list could quite possibly go on all day and night! LOL on love

Myne Whitman said...

Imma be on time hehehe...

TGIF right? Enjoy the upcoming weekend.

Vimbai said...

@Shona: La la la la, it's not my fault!

@Kooks: Ehe, i am loving the passion sista and the neck grabbing to. As for being less critical, i think we're ALL working on that one ;-)

@Jaycee: EXACTLY! The most productive people seem to have tunnel-vision, and that's what we're both going for, by the sounds of it!

@Funms: Ha-men sista! I love it, short and straight to the point.

@Shamimama: Congratulations, i'm sure you're a superb muroora and your soon to be mother-in-law will see it. In the meantime, can you email through a recipe for Jollof rice s'il vous plait.

PS I feel you on being serious about the gym...that place, sometimes its hard to enter.

@Myne: Lol, are you like most people of colour (read: me) who can never make it on time...eish, i'm going to work on that before i lose friends and loved ones!

TGIF indeed!

Sarai said...

Love reading your posts, babe - and damn well be expensive. Your time ain't cheap and neither are you - make them work for it!

As for what Imma be: Imma be more niggarish! No, it's never going to happen, but I'm allowed to be delusional.

Miss Carmel said...

i loved reading ur Imma Be's! lol