It's that time of the year again, the annual christmas office party happens in t-minus 3 hours on the very auspicious Friday the 13th! Never mind that we're only half way through November and throwing the tinsel and crackers around like its going out of fashion.
Auspicious day indeed! Talk by the water-cooler indicates that this year's function may be strongly boycott (that may have been started by me), sadly the lure of free food won the day and The Revolution with have be to televised on another day.
I guess i can find solace in the simple fact that someone or some people are gonna lose control of their facualties and provide the rest of us with some pure entertainment. At these functions, office discretions always seem to come to a head (thank thee alcohol, the get uninhibitor). Tears are shed, accusations are made, indecent proposals are proposed and laughter rings in everyones ears....or so i hope anyway.
This is the first ever "recession" Office Party, so i suspect it won't be as festive as previous years. The dodge venue is already a dead giveaway that all is not well (from a budget spend point of view).
Hopefully i will have lots to report come Monday morning next week, i'm still waiting for a situation to top my current favourite office party memory from my days of employers-gone-by that involved the company PA declaring very loudly that she suspected the CEO of being gay...to his face...in front of everyone and then proceeding to chunda/throw-up in the corridor *awkward*.
What are your favourite office party memories? Holla in the comments!
- Shirt-Off: Chick at work is wearing the same top as me and everyone in the office feels its their office-given obligation to notify me of this fact. Serves me right, that's what i get from shopping at Woolies :-)
- V is for ....: Only got to bed in the early am 'cause i got carried away watching True Blood, its like a very R Rated version of Twilight. HBO doesn't hold nothing back man. 2009 is definitely the year of the blood suckers and i'm definitely on this bandwagon.
I will be getting my New Moon on sometime next week, finishing the rest of True Blood over the weekend (hectic schedule permitting), checking out that Vampire Diaries and hopefully find a willing participant on whom to practice my love-biting on, am just saying.
- Crackberry: Can't put mine down, can't stop chatting, can't stop checking EVERYTHING. The madness must stop or i'm gonna lose friends and loved ones.
- Homesick *sigh*
-----------------------------------------------------Tag, i'm it!(Thanks to Zimchic for nominating me)
Here are the rules:
1. You can only use one word!
2. Pass this along to 6 of your favorite bloggers.
3. Alert them that you have given them this award!
4. Have Fun!
1. Where is your cell phone? Desk
2. Your hair? Braided
3. Your mother? Compassionate
4. Your father? Hilarious
5. Your favorite food? Indian
6. Your dream last night? Vampire
7. Your favorite drink? Vodka
8. Your dream/goal? Creativity
9. What room are you in? Office
10. Your hobby? Many
11. Your fear? Violence
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Boss-lady
13. Where were you last night? Home
14. Something that you aren’t? Patient
15. Muffins? Lemon
16. Wish list item? Emancipation
17. Where did you grow up? Harare
18. Last thing you did? Call
19. What are you wearing? Purple
20. Your TV? Friend’s
21. Your pets? None
22. Friends? Comedians
23. Your life? Stagnant
24. Your mood? Chilled
25. Missing someone? Always
26. Vehicle? Toyota
27. Something you’re not wearing? Watch
28. Your favorite store? @Home
29. Your favorite color? Green
30. When was the last time you laughed? Minutes
31. Last time you cried? Oprah
32. Your best friend? Inspirational
33. One place that I go to over and over? Bathroom (?!)
34. One person who e-mails me regularly? Gonzo
35. Favorite place to eat? Parkhurst
I suspect that my nominees have already done this, but there’s no rule against re-nominating someone right. So I call on:
K (visit her new blog, glad to have you back musikana!)
Daughter of Eve