Thursday, April 09, 2009

What it's really all about...


What are you all up to for the long weekend? Who's going home, going out of town, staying in, booking themselves into a spa, painting the town red, reflecting upon what Easter means, catching up on their Grey's, going fishing (??!!)?

What are your plans, i'm curious like that?

Sleeping your way to the top: My mate just told me how an intern in her department fell asleep during a meeting with a major client! Full on snoozing, i bet he was even in REM mode, lol. Hopefully, he still has his job by the end of the week 'cause the client was quite unimpressed.

I have fallen asleep in so many meetings, lectures, church sermons...its not even funny! I have now mastered the art of sleeping with my eyes open. Firstly, i believe that meetings should never take more than 15 minutes at any one time, i have the attention span of a gnat saka brevity is always appreciated.

The Beauty & Power of the Easter Story: Another Easter is upon us and yet again i haven't had any easter eggs or hot cross buns? I suppose that's a good sign, that this Easter i had more of a spiritual focus than usual. It's hard not to be desensitised to the horror and sadness of what Easter actually represents, we've heard this story way too many times.


However, when i sit and really think about it, it makes me miserable and quite emotional. Here's a guy, who did absolutely nothing wrong and all he wanted to do was spread a message of peace and love. But nooooooooooo, people felt threatened by him and killed him...not swiftly, nah, they drew it out.

Just reading about it upsets me, that's why i refuse to watch The Passion, i know i will join the handful of people who went into cardiac arrest whilst watching it.

But gore and sadness aside, Easter is also a time of new beginnings, hope and the unwavering truth that The Lord lives and reigns.

Be Blessed munchkins

Love,

V x


Let every man and woman count himself immortal.
Let him catch the revelation of Jesus in his resurrection.
Let him say not merely, "Christ is risen,"
but "I shall rise."

Phillips Brooks

7 comments:

CAG Incognito said...

Aww Vim!! This post was really sweet...I hope you have a blessed Easter as well.

Oh yes I hate long meeting as well including weddings, funeral, classes, etc. Some exclusions are spa days, a great date, hot...etc. I'll just leave it at that. LOL

Have a Great Weekend!

-CAG
http://cagincognito.blogspot.com

Vimbai said...

Thanks CAG, have a great Easter weekend.

PS I just had my 3rd Easter egg of the day, making up for all the ones i've missed out on so far, lol

Sarai said...

Am chillin' like a villain - basically either going to be in front of my pc or in bed...
Don't follow my bad example - go out and have some fun!

Vimbai said...

Lol, i am all for vegging at home too.

K said...

Happy Easter chica!

Vimbai said...

Hope your Easter weekend is going great hun!

Hadassah said...

lol@ sleeping in meetings. My boyfriend told me abot how he slept off in a meeting and the supervisor came to him after the meeting pretty upset about it.

and one time he was dosing off and the supervisor said something to catch not paying attention it was so fnnyt when he told me what had happend