Friday, April 03, 2009

Say Hi to the Twins!



Err, Happy National Cleavage Day people! Yes, South Africans revere women's mammaries so much, they've got a national day for it...wish it was a public holiday though, lol.

The mini-feminist in me can't help but wonder that if they've got a National Cleavage Day, they should probably also have Hung-Like-A-Horse Day too. I am just saying...you know how sensitive people are about equal rights and what-not, hehe.

I completely forgot that it was such a day, not that i have any cleavage to really flaunt, my two sisters cleared the gene pool of the cup-runneth-over chromosomes before i even had a chance to wade in there. I have resolved that when i am pregnant with my first offspring, then and probably only then, will i get to flaunt them bad boys. I have watched waaaaaaaaaaaay too much Dr 90210 shows to ever contemplate getting a boob job, can you say ouch.

In the mean time, fellas, please shed some light as to why your ilk has such a strange fixation for the boobies? Methinks y'all weren't weaned properly chete chete :-)

April Babies everywhere: What happened 9mths ago, besides the obvious, that has lead to a major influx of April babies. My FB birthday notifier-thingy is extremely populated this month. I shouldn't really complain the Aries boys and girls have always treated me well, but eish, i see a severe depletion of funds this month in trying to keep up with birthday gifts, boo. With the world economy in dire straits, i may just resort to making their gifts (this will involve , after all, it's the thought that counts...right?

The Audacity of Hope: I want to send a big shoutout and virtual hug to everyone i know (and don't know) going through any life/work/personal related strife and upheaval. 2009 has been a bit of a tough year in general, here's hoping the next 9 months bring some relief, answers and fantastic new beginnings.

"Hope is faith holding out its hand in the dark."
George Iles


Have a happy, healthy weekend chickens!

Love

V x

15 comments:

munhu said...

your work route must take you past the billboard just before the empire road offramp on M1 South that talks of the supporter of the left and right...WonderBra yada yada??....had me in stitches !!! check it out. yeah some people have taken this day way too seriously. am keeping my head down...tried conversing with some colleagues today and I felt like i was in an overall at a nude beach or something...evidently the concept of cleavage was understood to mean...boobs hanging out...i can see areola on one party!!! why do we love boobies...admit it they are an intimate part of the female anatomy and being let loose at them will almost always gurantee some action...and also they are so lovely to touch...April babies...winter in the Southern Hemisphere is about eight to ten months ago...folks just trying to keep warm you know...

skc said...

Meh, I'm a booty man myself. Boobs are overrated.

Vimbai said...

I haven't seen that billboard but will keep a look out when i am next in those parts

Hau, who's flashing areola in the office? HR must be having a field day mate, the combination of casual Friday and national cleavage day has all the hoochies on parade, hehehe. Okay, i shouldn't call them hoochies, am just hating on anyone with cleavage today.

Yup, April babies in the South are a result of some winter warming action for real!

Vimbai said...

Skc, spoken like a true African man, hahaha.

K said...

LOL @ ur sisters depleting the mammary gland gene pool...

As for me...the cup runneth over..lol
Do you realise this is the second time this week I am discussing my cleavage on blogsville...hmmm

As for those April babies....shames half of them will have to wait till I return to FB next week until then I claim ignorance due to boycott of fb....buahahahaha

Vimbai said...

My sisters cleared me out sha, then again, i took the booty/hip genes so its all even-stevens :-)

I am so happy (read: &!%$) that you have big boobs K, thank you for sharing (read: gloating), hehehe. :-P :-P :-P

K, aren't you looking forward to your FB fast being over. Bra, i would never have lasted, after 4hrs i would have been hitting some severe cold turkey type shakes.

munhu said...

ehe booty ain't bad either skc ain't bad at all...having said that i reckon i am just in awe of the female form altogether.
trust me there have been a few Janet Jackson Superbowl performance like "wardrobe malfunctions" already makes me wanna Say McDonalds ( read I'm loving it ). May NCD come every Friday. Something tells me though that Mr Price t-shirt sales are going to tick up during lunch. This cannot continue....

Vimbai said...

Dude, am starting to think you work at Teazers or something, how many "accidental" wardrobe malfunctions can one have in a day.

K said...

ah don't get it twisted....its hard I had FB as my home page... had to change that because that was like having a liqour store opposite an AA meeting....the minute Jesus rises next week I will be back on FB proclaiming it before someone can say happy easter...

Vimbai said...

I am sure Jesus appreciates your sacrifice, he must be sitting in his big chair in the sky wondering to himself, "Eish wena, they've even managed to technologise Lent, what next."

Hadassah said...

Thats wierd that they have a National Cleavage Day I thought Africans are into booty!

Funms-the rebirth said...

yay for april babies!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAG Incognito said...

LMAO!! Vimbai you are funnty as hell! I've missed reading your blog and all its hilariousness!! HAHAHA

I actually don't mind the National 'Tits' Day because I'm definitely not lacking in that area...lol...I mean so where can I pick up my f@cking presents?! hahaha...

Yes and I never knew why July (9 months b4 April) would be a heavy baby making month...Its fucking blazing outside and I would hate to have to deal with the sweat alone! lol

Funny post chica!

Miss Definitely Maybe said...

National Cleavage Day? really????
Ha ha ha ha wish I lived in SA cause that would be the only day I can hang my mammaries out to dry without my my grandmother shaking her head saying 'wadi wangoshama zvako' LOL

Vimbai said...

Hadassah: Africans are all about the booty, not sure why there isn't a booty day...oh, i know why. Booty day is everyday :-)

Funms: Eish, another April baby!

CAG: Long, long time my friend. You had all but fallen off the blogosphere! Welcome back. I am so jealous its hot where you are, i feel the onset of winter over here...had to wear my freaking coat over the weekend *sigh*

Miss DM: Hang your mammaries out to dry, eish, i just got a not-so-nice visual, hahaha. Your grandmother is funny, sounds like all standard Shona grandmothers and mothers :-)