Monday, April 06, 2009

Din-Din-Dee Shakers & Deal Breakers

I take back all my previous whinging about the influx of April baby birthday bashes, ‘cause yoh, these people can sure entertain! My Saturday was a blitz of festive gatherings. I experienced what will likely be the last braai (barbeque) of the summer, the summer bunnies and stunner shades were all out in full force. Turned out to be a bit of a high school/varsity reunion of sorts, this world, or rather some social circles, are really getting too small and quite incestuous.

I also ended up at some birthday drinks on Saturday at a Moroccan styled joint. If you know about my love of all things Moroccan, then you’ll know I was in heaven, which was evident by my attempts to belly-dance to the streaming Moroccan themed music that serenaded us all night.

My gingers to make an absolute full of myself may have had something to do with the fact that I realised a bit too late that a)I shouldn’t have been drinking anything alcoholic given that my last meal had been in the much earlier part of the day and b) My alcohol tolerance was shot…I was already the world’s cheapest date, now I was the world’s cheapest, slurring date. The next morning, the pounding headache I nursed for the better part of the morning was evidence enough that I should just give up alcohol for good, at this rate, I am going to get hung-over from cough syrup.

Deal or No Deal: I was having a general chat with a friend during the week and we came upon the fascinating topic of relationship deal breakers and were discussing the various traits and tendencies that could qualify as a deal breaker when sussing someone out for romantic or hook up potential in general. I was told that my list of deal breakers was extremely fastidious, it listed everything from; “Any slight whiff of BO and I’m out of there” to “Those with an aversion to *ahem* cunninglingus need not apply (yah I said it)”.

Question: So my question to put out to y’all, what are your relationship/hook-up deal breakers?

Here’s to the 4-day working week: For the rest of this month, all inhabitants of SA have the pleasure of having a 4-day working week as a public holiday falls in every week this month, with the bonus of two public holidays falling in the last week of April. Supposedly the production industry is whinging as they incur hectic losses due to a dip in production time and employee productivity. All I can say is, “Warried, I will be on holiday!”

Let me get cracking and welcome the day and all its infinite and positive possibilities! Have a great Monday chickens :-)

Love,

V x

15 comments:

K said...

- check on the cunninglingus...I don't care if you can speak french, italian, bantu languages...if you do not speak the above language your K vajayjay visa will be revoked...you do not pass go and you sure as hell do not collect $200
- dudes who don't share my taste in music or who diss it. I honestly stopped liking this dude on the basis he thought the song "at last" by Ella Fitzgerald was crap this was back in high school before the Obama's made the song even more popular.
- dude who says he doesn't read WTF...literacy is sexy to me, better read what the signs are and move the hell on...
- hands and nails...i love guys with good hands and nails...after all those hands will be touching you...no no no to pinkie rings, long/dirty fingernails, small hands or that long finger nail...*shudders*

ShonaVixen said...

Hey girlie!!!! I have a 3-day working week both this week & next week!...yay!! So now I know what to get you for your bday!

ShonaVixen said...

Like K a guy has to read!!And those who boast about not watching the news...

-A dude who calls my writing a 'hobby'..say what?????

- A guy who doesn't understand why i value my friendships so much...

Vimbai said...

K: Hahaha, i am on the floor, hanzi "if you don't speak the above language." For real, i ain't even lingering around to find out what's what.

I love all things Ella Fitzgerald, esp At Last...if i ever take a trot down the aisle, that there is my song!

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, that long pinky nail is so gross, i have heard varying reports as to what its there for, anyone which to confirm what's the point of a man having a long pinky finger?

Shona: Sha, you are really chillaxing this week innit. As for men who don't take chicks serious in general, kick em to the curb!

RocNaija said...

Deal breakers gotta be ugly feet..

I know it's a bit shallow, compared to the ladies ^^^

But I'm like Diddy.. If the toe besides the big toe is longer than the big toe.. I'm out..

Hadassah said...

Guys who talk about money alot or try to showoff money alot.

Guys who don't like Nas oooooh I dumped a guy over that the way he said it and said urgh I cant believe you listen to him prolly u listen to the beat only. I was so pissy afterwards.

guys with no sense of fashion lol

Sarai said...

You know me... I'm a nerd... so if I say "Halo" and a guy goes "Huh?", it's overs.

Worse still if I say "Mortal Kombat". Then I just don't speak to him ever again. Hooray for the short week! Woohooo!

skc said...

Hairy armpits is a no-no.

Bad breath.

Unkempt weave (I mean it's worrisome enough that it's not your real hair but I don't need to be seeing your real hair bursting through the weave on some "heeey, remember me??")

Ironing board bottoms (If I smack it playfully, it has to jiggle for a split second, not break my hand)

Vimbai said...

Roc: You remind me of Eddie Murphy's character in "Boomerang" with the dislike for fugly feet, lol.

Hadassah: Eish, you must like Nas...a lot! As for fashion less brotha, i hear ya, i would rather have them vain than clueless.

Sazzles: Bra, you are one high maintenance chick! Just as well i ain't a dude coz when you said "halo" i was already thinking of Beyonce's new track, lol.

Skc: LMAO @ the weave description, you are one cruel ass...WITTY dude! How many buns of steel have you been spanking mmmmh?

Skinny B*tch said...

Men with a backside that look like they have been hit with a cricket bat are such a no no, guys with the shortest fingernails that wnd where they start..ah ah you'd wonder what their toe nails look like. Those who listen to museve...wtf??? thats just crap taste.Im with you Hadassah, fashionless brother just wont blend with anything

Vimbai said...

Skinny, ko why the hateration with regards to museve beats, haha. That electric guitar is The One!

I would take junk in the trunk over no junk in the trunk any day...but a man with a fat ass is a sad, sad sight!

Skinny B*tch said...

Vim, that noise just gives me attitude bra

Vimbai said...

Eish, i won't lie to you, after 5mins of listening to those beats, i'm done!

munhu said...

hai wena "Not Fat Biaytch"...museve is the one for me - the richness of my mother tongue is oft displayed in many a museve tune - the idioms, sayings, alliteration, metaphors etc etc call to a part of me that very few "things" can. Alick Macheso has a few gems...
i have a mad foot fetish ( suck 'em, lick 'em, nibble 'em love them feet and toes ) so fugly feet kwete handidi ba !!
B. O - I would rather smell Shower to Shower spray...
Zero sense of humour - I love to laugh and love...
No dress sense...kwete to looking like the bag lady....
and it continues

Skinny B*tch said...

Munhu shamwari...those idioms and sayings hey..too much to understand and that sharp gabarish guitar, tsho!, Utter toture listening to that in a kombi from DZ to the city centre.The museve i like is hosiah chipanga (the dances actually). Man that's just a classic and he doesnt have the gabarish guitar. Im with you on the dress sense.