Monday, March 30, 2009

Just call me Nefertiti

I am gonna miss summer *sniff sniff*, the only thing winter has going for it is the dress-code. Have you noticed how winter makes everyone look good, it may have something to do with the fact that everyone's all covered up in dark, layered materials. Summer is a little less forgiving.

I overreact to the cold, just the other night i dreamt that it was snowing in joburg only to wake up and see that my duvet had slipped off. Please note, it was still a balmy 19 degrees celsius but my body registered it as being freaking freezing, lol.

Lady Luck Lurves Me: Yesterday was a really surreal and strange day. I kept getting free stuff? It started off when i went off for brunch with a friend and we were given some ticket vouchers to go and pick up a complimentary gift at the HP store (no it wasn't a laptop, but it was nice enough...and free).

Then i went to Woolies and bought a massive purchase only to find out when i got to the till that i somehow qualified for some R100 voucher discount (shweet), topped off by a lovely phonecall from my sister telling me that i can have her tv, dvd player and decoder!!!

Just call me Nefertiti: Whilst having lunch with friends i was accosted by an old hippie looking woman who just had to tell me how beautiful my arms, hands and necks are. Supposedly i am a modern day Nefertiti incarnate mate, might explain all the airs and graces, hehehe.

Random Question: Which historical figure from the past would you want to embody for a day, and why?

Ouch: Bought new shoes over the weekend, had to get rid of some old faithfuls. Thing is, my left shoe is KILLING me at the moment, as i write it is throbbing. On further inspection this morning it looks like the one shoe is a different shape (but same size) to the right shoe...does that make any sense??? I'm gonna be hobbling by the end of day, but mark my words, i am gonna break in this bad boy.

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's off to work i go...with a shovel and a pick and a walking stick, Hi Ho, Hi Ho, Hi Ho :-)

Love

V x

19 comments:

K said...

Nefertiti aka Vimbai eish Lady Lucky favours you this week ...may ti continue in abundance!

I would be Zora Neale Hurston, aside from the fact that she was a great writer in a time when a woman and in fact a black woman were considered inferior she never let that get her down nor did it stop her from making an entrance. My favourite quotation is
"Sometimes I feel discriminated against, but it does not make me angry. It merely astonishes me. How can any deny themselves the pleasure of my company? It's beyond me."

Take care of the feet whilst breaking in the shoes mate..w.e don't want you hobbling!

Vimbai said...

K, i like this Zora, that quote is hilarious, i am gonna google this chick. She's a woman after my own heart :-)

As for breaking "The Shoe" in, I am hobbling now. I am scared to remove my shoe, in case i can fit it back on my swollen, disfigured foot, lol.

Fashion knows no pain!

Hadassah said...

My blog title says it all Queen Esther. She was beautiful, strong and Independent. The fact that she was told to take all the treasures in the world and she ony oicked the David's star on her one night with the King was humble. She was brave and proud of who she was and where she came from.

Vimbai said...

She was told to take all the treasures in the world and only took David's star, eish, talk about humility!

I guess a modern version would be likened to being taken to Tiffany's and told you can have whatever you want and you take an inexpensive brooch...yup, you'll be remembered alright!

I need to brush up on my bible reading mate, some strong women in there!

don't believe a word I write said...

Apart from the shoes, it sounds like a splendid day. All the free stuff rocks!

A historical figure. Hmmm, I'd have to go for Elvis minus the unseemly death. Great hair!

Vimbai said...

Elvis, really? Elvis! I won't lie though, his hair was tight...thank you very much (said Elvis style).

RocNaija said...

Okay so maybe i'm just a bit slow here.. but why don't you just return th shoes with a huge complaint??

I could do with ome free stuff right now as well.. :-(

lol.. Not like I envy you of course not!

Vimbai said...

Roc, they were the last pair of shoes in that style and size, i just want them to fit and mark my words, they will :-)

If its any consolation my freebie-luck seems to have dried up, boo!

ShonaVixen said...

Hesi dhiya or is it Neffie!!
Hon break those shoes in I say, this week I've had to wear flats after I sprained my ankle on Sunday, feels wierd and every1 in the office is actually surprised i own flats...
Ooooh yess its getting to winter down south nekumba whilst we are anticipating and waiting for summer...i just cant wait to be able to get out of the house without a coat, wiv my sandals and looking all cute n hot!!! I'm a summer baby so I loves my summer but heish I wonder if we'll even have summer this year!!

ShonaVixen said...

@K - Zora's my girl too!!!and so is Queen Esther!!

Vimbai said...

Shona: True to Zim form, you must shorten my name to Neffie, lol! Shame nunu, hope your ankle feels better so you can get back to them killer heels. I INSIST on wearing heels at work, tall as i am, i love towering over the masses...things get done quicker when you are literally looking down on people, lol.

Sha, don't you want to send me some winter coats, the ones here are not as cool as the ones up North. I am so scared of the chandos/cold, eish...

ShonaVixen said...

Lol @ the Neffie bit..when I wrote it I thought of Keyshia Cole's sister..lol!!!
I do tore almost every1 @ work but still wear the heels so they are so not finding it funny that though m in flats m still towering them..lol!
I will be sending you all my chic coats hon...

ShonaVixen said...

BTW I also like Soulja Boy's Kiss Me Through the Phone and I aint even ashamed i like it...lol...my lil niece was insisting on teaching me the 'Skanky Leg' which by the way i think is a silly dance..she thinks m the coolest auntie..lol!!

Vimbai said...

Shona, that Soulja Boy item is a good iiiiiiiiiiiirem mate! Inospaka :-) Ummm, what's the "skanky leg" exactly, lol.

Haha, i know the feeling of wearing flats and people being flummoxed as to why you are still looming over them...oh the curse of supermodel height *fake sigh*

PS I am holding you to those chic coats you have promised me, hehehe. You can't pull a "Super" on me, LMAO.

K said...

eeeeeeeee Vimbai...ati dont pull a "Super" on me I am so rolling on the damn floor in laughter.....

Vimbai said...

Hahaha, Super will never ever hear the end of his broken promises..until i get my Zara that is. I'm tenacious like that!

Anonymous said...

I found this site using [url=http://google.com]google.com[/url] And i want to thank you for your work. You have done really very good site. Great work, great site! Thank you!

Sorry for offtopic

Vimbai said...

@Anoymous: Thanks for stopping by and for giving me great feedback. Hope to hear from you again :-)

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!