Wednesday, March 04, 2009

And from the ashes.....

There's a reason why i've always wanted to get a phoenix tattoo, 'cause it beautiful and captures the constant growth, rebirth and regeneration that occurs in life.

In the last few days i've gone from ashes...to phoenix...to ashes...to phoenix....get the picture, it's been a rollercoaster week..month, hell who am i kidding, its been a challenging year all round.

Unlike the world's economy, i see a forseeable upswing in the months to come on all front's of my life, but for now, i'll get used to this chaos.

What's your drug of choice? As forms of escapism, lots of people turn to their "drugs" of choice, be it food, working out at the gym, booze, sleep, you name it. My drug of choice is to get lost in a really good book...yes, that simple. If i'm lucky to find a really really good book, then chances are i would have gone awol for hours and days at a time...and that's kinda what happened over the weekend.


I bought this book on Saturday afternoon, was still reading it come 3am on Sunday morning, was done by 10pm that evening. Yes, it's that good. Sadly...they've made a movie out of it, a really crap movie supposedly (i refuse to watch in fear of contamination) but if you haven't watched the movie, are open-minded when it comes to reading material, then i suggest you get your hands on Twilight....don't say i didn't warn you when you don't get any sleep :-)

Motorcades and Hoo-Hah Parades? Noone can do a motorcade quite like my infamous president, his is complete with two riot trucks, an ambulance, 4 motorcyclists clearing the way, and like 5 shiny cars...all going at no less than 200 km/hr. I used to have the privilege of bumping into his motorcade on the way to work and on the way backhome everyday for two and half years...it was the most terrifying thing in the world 'cause

a) This guys don't stop, if you are in the way, they're ploughing through you mate,
b) The sirens and flashing blue lights always caught me off guard...all like 2000times and
c) Your immediate reaction when you hear and then see them is "Oh sh*t"...even if you haven't done nothing wrong...you just need to pull over until they've passed, yes, this too shall pass :-)

So since i arrived in my newly adopted country of sorts, i've noticed they're getting quite excited with the whole motorcade business. Methinks they're literally trying to Keep Up with the Joneses next door.

Today, on the freaking highway i might add, i had to make a quick manoeuvar into the middle lane 'cause a huge a*s convoy of a motorcade was trying to make its way in peak hour traffic, i mean, really. All this pomp and ceremony is quite unecessary, take a freaking helicopter if you are that important. Either way, can't help but notice just how things this side of the Limpopo are starting to resemble the other side of the Limpopo....mmmmmh.

16 comments:

K said...

Dude I'm back @ uni and the first week doing post grad study has made me realise I crave escapism at the end of the day...so your blog and various books keep me sane...you can only read so much on 3rd world economies...

As for twilight I crave that book in my sleep...please don't call me weird..yes I crave books like normal people crave sweets, take away food..lol

As for the tattoo I am biased, I already have one so of course I am going to be waiting eagerly for the news that you have taken the leap. Mine was a butterfly because they represent change,fragility and the whole idea of the butterfly effect...so your phoenix idea especially if that's the design you are getting sounds pretty good to me...

On separate note I pray things this year although they challenge you strengthen you just as much (that's the Oprah section of me done...lol)

Heh shamwari I hear Bob is looking for you...apparently you were not present celebrating his b'day...and may I ask wasn't your president turning 85 last year and the year before that?

K said...

p.s...L.U.D.A.C.R.I.S...ever since he cut his hair and started dressing right I have BEEN checking him like he owe me rent...

Vimbai said...

K: I love that expression "like he owe me rent." Luda is looking cleaner, still too short for me tho, hehehe.

As for you craving Twilight, you and me both mate! I am dreaming about that book and at inopportune moments i found myself coming up with hypothetical plot lines and scenarios, so random!

Thanks for the Oprah pep talk! I know some things in life are meant to be character building but must all the lessons come at the same time! I am broken!

Eish Bob has been having repeat birthdays for ages, this is nothing new. If his younger brother kicked the bucket last year at the age of 86, you do the math...

Eish, i will be repeating bday's soon enough myself!

PS Happy studying...3rd World Economics is definitely not light reading!

Vimbai said...

Oh and K, i really like your new blogger pic! That's one sexy shoe!

K said...

Per the shoe I give you the following link http://www.bakersshoes.com/category.aspx?c=318 putting a disclaimer on it: I am not responsible for the ensuing depression one may feel at being unable to obtain or afford shoes viewed nor am I responsible for the possibility of you selling a lung, first born child or dating an older financially stable gentleman in order to purchase the shoes/accessories on this site....forewarned is forearmed...

Robyn said...

am thinkin of that book
"twilight"
have to get it,

ShonaVixen said...

All I saw was Luda looking fresher...gang-er..Vim can't spell it in English sha-a..lol!Nway bck to Luda I love his new look actually all the guys who cut their hair, Luda, Trey Songz, i love...any guy over 28yrs wiv braids has a problemo!!!

Vimbai said...

Robyn: Buy it, buy it buy it...i have already finished the 2nd installment, "New Moon"....was a bit boring, but i've still got 3 to go, oh happy days :-)

Shona: Corn-rowed brothas over the age of 21 shouldn't really exist, i hear ya there. Luda looks fresh for sure, i'm sure that's what Busta was going for when he shed his locks...pity he has such a small head though!

K said...

Dude are you good...you have been quiet...hope all is well in the land of Vimbai with an I !

Vimbai said...

I'm fine, partly cloudly :-) Life, working life to be specific, has got me between a rock and a very hard place at the moment.

I feel bad for neglecting my blog, and i miss blogville! But i should be back next week :-)

How are you doing hun, how are them post-grad classes treating you?

K said...

Ah shame about work...I swear being a house wife to Sheik something or other looks more and more appealing as I get older..

Post grad is kicking my butt but I just kick back harder. I nearly got bowled over by this young thing rushing to class the other day, I believe I said some profane things under my breath about his clumsiness....this dude wants to turn around and approach me like he's going to Rhianna me...first words out of my mouth...."I press charges & I will testify"

on that note I bid you adieu and have a great week!

Lolo said...

Muskana, you've been awfully quiet......when is this assignment of yours finishing? I keep on seeing the phoenix each morning when I go to your blog...2 weeks in counting..no new post :(

Skinny B*tch said...

You really been gone for soooooooooooo loong.

Vimbai said...

Lolo and Skinny, i am back now..well as of tomorrow! Thanks for checking in on me :-)

Hadassah said...

I love to sleep ! that is my daily dose of drugs for sure! Me with no sleep is like a zombie!

Vimbai said...

I don't understand people who don't love sleeping in or catching an afternoon nap. Sleep is the best part of my day!