Monday, February 16, 2009

I've still got sand in my shoes...

Sand gets into weird places and just doesn't leave...and i'm not limiting this to body orifices either. I have sand in my handbag, suitcase and hair, no matter what i do, i figure i'll be finding it for the next month or so.

It's literally impossible for me to concentrate today, i'm re-living in my head all the fun that was had over the long weekend. The main points are as follows:

1. Sun/Beach - Lots and lots of sun was had, too much in fact judging by the fact i've gone at least 3 shades darker. Then again, after laying about on the beach for no less than 5 hours, what was i expecting right.

Twas a funny sight, three black chicks lying out on the beach; my sister completely under the beach umbrella (clever girl), me half in the sun/half under the umbrella then my very brave homie taking in the sun's rays at full blast mode (she has the tan and peeling to back this up).

As many people have asked, "why the heck would you need a tan seeing as you all have permenant ones already", i say, "Dude, you can never get too much sun...unless you are the red leathery looking German dude i spotted!"

2. Food - Although general customer service at most of the places we ate out at left much to be desired (that could just be the jozi-girl in me speaking), the food was great and i got my fix. If you are ever at The Waterfront, go to a place called Harry's Panakes, you will not be disappointed!

3. Eye-candy - I have a crink in my neck from all the eye-candy that was spotted on the streets, in the cafe's, on the beach. Just beautiful men everywhere, sadly, there were equally as many beautiful women, usually attached to these beautiful men, around too. What i love about being on holiday is that inhibitions are lowered to a bare minimum, I didn't think twice about flirting unashamedly with strangers, gorgeous one's at that, and swapping numbers to link up later.

4. The Gig: It nearly didn't happen, once The Itis has set in and alcohol is consumed, most people don't have the energy to leave the house for the club...but it had to be done. Ended up some model-hideout on Saturday called Jade which had crazy varied beats. I love any place that can play MJ's "Rock with You" follow it up with Lady Gaga's "Just Dance" and then drop B.I.G.'s "Hypnotize" in the mix.

5. The Peeps: Ah, the company you keep definitely makes all the difference and i was surrounded by a lovely bunch of people, like my favourite quote from the movie Love Actually goes,

"General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed,
but I don't see that.
It seems to me that love is everywhere.
Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there -
fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives,
boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends…
If you look for it,
I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around.”


The Walk of Shame: Got the most amazing surprise this morning! I had a lovely bouquet of roses waiting for me at the work reception from some gentlemen who in men who actually follow through on their promises. Thanks guys, you are truly the best and sweetest mates a girl could ask for :-)
Eish, but now the killer looks i was getting in the lift and the walk to my desk were a whole other business, hehehe.

It's Too Late To Apologise: As One Republic crooned, some apologies always come a little late...in Chris Breezy's case, the media has all but flogged him and hung him out to dry. No amount of "i'm sorry" or "they got the story wrong" is gonna get him out of this pickle. The saga continues...

The daily grind beckons, here's hoping you have a phenomenally great Monday chickens :-)

V x

15 comments:

K said...

Hi My name is K, I have been addicted to Vimbai's blog for about a month now and when uni starts I'm not sure that i will be able to let go...

SHA Vimbai first off Love Actually is one of my fav movies... that movie hyped up Heathrow for me, when I went to England I was expecting to hear a soundtrack playing as I saw my cousins for the first time in 10years...lol

OOOOh you got roses! Are you sure there isn't some story behind those roses like a man secretly liking you??

Chris breezy better look out...apparently Jigga is looking for him...

Do black people get sun burnt that bad...peeling? You guys were out there for way too long!

Vimbai said...

K: Are you on break, and what kind of long a*s break is that, i am so jealous sha. And you must continue with the addiction ;-)

Love Actually is definitely in my top 5 movies ever!

Story behind the roses, never...hehehe.

Yes black people sunburn, as a black person asking this question you are lucky you are on another continent or i'd hit you upside the head. True, we are least likely, but given too much exposure, we will burn my sista, we will burn!

Vimbai said...

Oh and i knew Jigga would step in at some point, ooooh i lurve that man! Chris better "Run It" for real!

K said...

Its been a long ass break I'm doing my post grad so been on holiday since end of November and go back beginning of March. Then working at a law firm on and off...so right now got nothing BUT time

lol @ run it run it

I humbly apologise in regards to my ignorance about sunburn

Oh by the way the whole sand everywhere...I hate it so much and am always baffled when couples think having relations on the beach is sexy

Funms-the rebirth said...

did i just read something about u being on the beach? im jealous........ i want some sand!!!!!!
so roses? tell us more

ShonaVixen said...

Ok, I'm also addicted to Vimbayi's blog..the joys of finding another Zimbabwean's blog to stalk...lol!!
Glad to hear you had fun, I never ever sit in the sun...noo way, I enjoy it from under the 'umbrella-ella-ella'..lol..so jealous you were in CapeTown, ah well 2010 i'm in SA!!
So who sent you the flowers?Do share, yes you thanked them/him but who sent them to ya??..lol...
Kooks - uri bwanji??So we have a rovha(the unemployed) by the name of Kooks..lucky girl..and we expect you to be updating by the hour every hour if that's the case gurl!!

Vimbai said...

K: Sex on the beach just isn't hygiene or comfortable sounding, whomever gloats about such things i straight up lying! I am so jealous you are on holiday *sigh*, how i long for student vacations.

Funms: About the roses, i'm not withholding information guys. I made some mates of mine promise back in December (i am a forward thinker) that they'd buy me some flowers for V-day. Fast forward a month and half later, they did, even though i had forgotten...it's nice to know there're some men out there that can keep their word :-)

Shona: Please continue with the addiction, i love all y'all blogs too, i was starting to despair about find other Zim bloggers.

OH and Shona, i have to share a pet peeve of mine! You spell my name with a "y" in it, oh my lordy, you have no idea how that makes me cringe, lol. People do it all the time and it makes me weak!

ShonaVixen said...

Apologies ma'am I shall never ever do that again....
VIMBAI, V.I.M.B.A.I..no y in there whatsoever!!!
Gurl I so hear ya, I've had people murder my name, either by spelling/pronouncing it!I have a friend who's name isn't remotely close to mine but folks just pronounce my name like hers!!And my BFF used to mispell my name (more like the easier way to say my name..)till i took matters into my own hands and had a spelling lesson wiv her..she insisted on spelling it as u say it...

K said...

I just noticed the comment about your name and was telling my friend who spells hers with a Y and for the first time ever she said that was one of her pet peeves. Along with people who don't know her shortening her name to:

Vee
Vimbi
Vim
Vimson
Vimoko
Vee-Vee
Vhidza....

so any nicknames we should avoid??

Vimbai said...

Shona: Thanks my darling, sha that "y" you kept adding kept killing me slowly every day, like i was a Fugee or something :-)

Asi your real name is really complicated? I always say SHona names are very straight forward! No cliques, no nothing but nooooooooo, people find them baffling! eish.

K: I'm not a fan of people i barely know shortening my name either! Like the other day, some junior in the office who i have spoken to like twice, sent me some email about work and was like, "Hey V"...ah,ah, ah, i don't know you like that. People shouldn't take such liberties!

Oh i like your list, four of those are my current nicknames the other four, i actually haven't heard...eish, although i would be partial to being refered to as Vimoko the Chimoko(Hot Babe), hahaha.

Lolo said...

Ant there are those who lengthen your name. Remember one of the chubby boyz used to call you Vhiiimbai...He'd put so much emphasis on Vhiiiiiii. The mbai would follow way after. quite special indeed

Skinny B*tch said...

Oh dear, trying to imagine how long the Vhiiiiiiiiii would go for. Whats better the shortening or the lengthening?

Vimbai said...

Lolo - Eish, why are you making me remember such awful memories. Now i am gonna find a corner and rock myself to sleep, in fetal position...whilst sucking my thumb :-)

Skinny: It went on for a while, kinda spooky. Shortening in this case is highly favoured over lengthening, thats for damn sure!

The best nicknames i have, are the ones that have nothing to do with my actual name and have stories behind them ;-)

K said...

Sha just thought I should let you know...for the love of star gossip..Ri Ri's pic is out on TMZ.com

shaaaa the injuries aren't as bad as I thought but then again those injuries do not look fun...

Vimbai said...

Bra, when your face is your meal-ticket (lets not lie, that chick can't sing live for ish!) then any injury is a biggie...and of course, there's the way the injury was delivered that is the problem here.

I wonder if nobody had called 911 etc, would they have still performed? Would we notice the bruising?

So many questions!