Being in the office after such an amazing weekend is such an anti-climax, it actually feels like a far-off dream!
Here are a few observations i made over the weekend:
1. Road trips generally never start on time! There's always "someone" or "some people" who hold the whole trip up!
2. There is such a thing as packing to many shoes :-)
3. KwaZulu Natal (KZN) is NOTORIOUS for their zero-tolerance approach and attitude to driving over the speed limit...my 5-odd traffic fines are testimony to that! I can still see the flashing lightbulbs going off as i whizzed on by, hehehe.
4. Vodka and orange juice are perfectly acceptable breakfast foods and a fabulous way to start the day at 9.00am...just don't climb up anything, drink and then proceed to try and get down from dizzy heights, whilst under the influence...trust me on this one!
5. Swimming with a cozzie on is always optional (especially for midnight dips) , although everyone else on holiday would probably prefer you did put something on.
6. Having sampled the retail fruits of Durban, i will NEVER shop in joburg again! I was overwhelmed by a) the variety of clothes and b) the fact they were at a fraction of the price of what you'd find in Joburg.
7. Eight chicks sharing 3 bathrooms and trying to get ready all at once is...eish, its a challenge but still do-able.
8. I was meant to live by the sea! For someone who comes from a landlocked country, i have a mad affinity for the sea and beach.
9. Zulu men are the Italian men of Africa! Never have i seen and been on the receiving end of such attention. They are fabulous opportunists, never missing the opportunity to holla and let a sista know she's looking fine, lol! It got a bit much when one of the petrol attendants decided to whip out his phone and start takeing pictures of my girls and i, ummmm, creepy!
10. Toll gate charges are freaking daylight robbery mate! Can't believe how much was forked out just to use the road...after 5 toll gates i was gatvol!
11. I feel sorry for anyone not born or living in Africa! I live on the prettiest continent in the world :-)
Chelsea is back on top of the English Premier Leaderboard!
Lewis Hamilton just made history as the world's youngest F1 champion!
What would make my
day year, is if Barack Obama is voted in as the President of the United States this week!
Eish, then i would have seen it all!
Have a lovely Monday chickens and be good :-)