Tuesday, October 28, 2008

3 Sleeps...

I can't wait, i can't wait, i can't wait, 3 sleeps and i will be chilling on a beach sipping on something strongly alcoholic whilst soaking up some rays of Vitamin D!


Road trips seriously rock! I have one memory of heading out for the weekend with friends and a trip that should have taken two hours, took about four due to a thousand bathroom breaks, drink breaks, and generally dancing on the side of the road breaks - ah memories.


So with deadlines looming and work days ending at 9pm, my mantra is, "This too shall pass....and you'll be on a beach just now" :-)


I see dead people: Nothing to sober you up whilst driving to work like seeing a dead body lying on the side of the road. Now it could have just been some guy taking a nap at 9am, but the flashing ambulance parked on the side of the road and the paramedics looking down at the body, without actually doing anything or looking frantic, were all bit of a giveaway.

That sight made me so sad on so many levels :-S

Sometimes, more times than i would like to admit, this city...this world just freaks me the hell out!

12 comments:

ShonaVixen said...

m so jealous of you hon!!Really i am..soaking in some zuva whilst its cold as hell here!!so not fair i say!!
hmmm dead bodies on the roadside, that would get me sad too...sigh...this world mheni!!

ShonaVixen said...

oooh your 3 more sleeps reminded me of my Gundi days counting when it was home time 'ukarara ukamuka, ukarara ukamuka, ukarara ukamuka then its home go!'...lol...

Vimbai said...

Eish, i can't handle the cold...and by cold i mean anything under 20 degrees celsius, lol. I am all about the sun, if i was filthy rich i would never see winter, just keep moving north and south depending on where the sun is, lol.

You were clearly an unhappy boarder, lol. I LOVED boarding school, then again it probably helped that home was exactly 5mins from said-boarding school, hehehe.

Lolo said...

Vimby,u got to pray hard it won't be raining down here. Right now it's actually cold and we had a bit of drizzle last nite and early this morning as well. The weather trend over the past 2 weeks has been cold, windy and raining. What does the weather forecast say for the weekend?

Vimbai said...

Eish, things are NOT looking great weather wise! According to CNN, News24 and IOL...it seems like my weekend at the beach may be washed out, boo!

Lolo said...

Sundays are better, windy and warmish :). So you really are giving Mombedzaishe his first long journey

munhu said...

munhu...
veduwe izita rudziiko iro ramakapa ngoro yemoto yenyu?? Hah zvakaoma !! Hopefully weather will clear up for you...
Dai makaiti Dickson after Mukadota.

ShonaVixen said...

lol@Dickson...who remembers his song 'Bhudhi vatenga mota, bhudhi vatenga mota...mota yakanaka...'?...ROFLMBZAO....

Vimbai said...

In my circle of friends, your car is named by everyone else...the gwasher the name the better, hence my baby is known in some parts as Mombedzashe...it weakens me.

What's with peeps reminiscing about Mukadota, its been a month of people bringing up that show. I scheme peeps in the diaspora need to get their hands on some re-runs or something, lol.

Eb the Celeb said...

I love how you say "3 more sleeps"

well have fun girlie

Vimbai said...

Lol, thanks Eb!

Lolo said...

good news, Its sunny and cloudless today....