Friday, August 01, 2008

White Lies of a Real Estate Kind

So i'm flat/apartment hunting at the moment and have given myself T-minus 30 days to hook up some suitable dwelling and if yesterday's flat viewing was anything to go by, we're in for a loooooooooooooooong ride people.


Why....WHY do people feel the need to embelish, so badly at that. The way rental ads can exaggerate the features and surroundings of a place are incredible. I heart fell to my shoes BEFORE i even walked into the door...my spidey senses were telling me, "Hell nah." But so not to offend the owner, who was showing me around with such enthusiasm you would have thought he was leasing out the Taj Mahal or something, i had to grin politely and bear it.

Shoe box doesn't even begin to describe the size of it and for the price he was asking, hah!

So the search continues, with much less fervour but as they say, "The show must go on."
Other random ish: My chin is a mess, i am waaaaaaaaaaaay too old to be getting my first hectic breakout at this stage in my life! Oh and got some spooky FB message from some random, unknown male asking me to phone him coz i look cute....i mean, really! What part of that message doesn't scream, 'sociopath/serial killer". The world has some strange people in it mate.
Have a happy, healthy, heavenly weekend people :-)
V x

3 comments:

Don't believe a word I write said...

shame, sociopaths need companionship too, ya know! ;-)

Good luck with the flat search. You're right, it is just so depressing to see what crap is out there.

skc said...

Yeah, I can't count the number of times I spoke to someone on the phone who spoke glowingly about how spacious their offering was, only to find myself standing in 3 rooms...at the same time.

But which area(s) are you looking in?

Vimbai said...

DBWIW: Sociopaths may need love but eish, not from me! I ain't sociopath-friendly :-) ANd yes, there's a lot of crap out there masquerading as shelter!

Skc: Maybe they genuinely think they're property is off the hizzay, delusional fools!

I am looking for places in the Joburg North East area, sadly not a cheap area by far. If push comes to shove, i will look to the Norther Surburbs, but i am not liking the sounds of having to leave the house at the crack of dawn to beat the traffic!