Thursday, August 21, 2008

There's something in the water


Baby showers are a staple in my office. I have only been working here for all of 3 months now and have already been invited to at least five baby showers! It's kinda crazy actually.

I can't help but think there's something in the water...no, seriously! How else can you explain why every chick of child-bearing age is getting knocked up in this place. My morning ritual is see how many protruding bellies i can rub and make a wish on before getting to my desk :-)

The feeling of being outnumbered is not unwarranted, take yesterday at lunchtime for instance. There i was sitting on the table with three of my workmates...thing is, all three of them have a bun in the oven.

I pride myself on not being squeamish or easily shocked but after 15mins with these gals talking about....eish, i will spare you the details. Lets just say, by the end of the conversation my legs were tightly crossed and i was seriously making a mental note to get my tubes tied!

Until i met that certain someone who inspires me to belt out the lyrics to Natasha Bedingfield's track appropriately titled , "I wanna have your babies", this particular uterus is gonna remain vacant (knock on wood), thank you very much.

7 comments:

munhu said...

eeehhh...the only way to ensure no occupied uterus is to keep those legs together because for all good intentions you play with mud...you get soiled. unozara !!!

Lolo said...

I want to be an auntie Vimby

skc said...

Blah, blah, blah...don't listen to munhu Vimbai. You see, legs are alot like people. Every once in a while it becomes necessary to part ways.

unwritten said...

Vim
skc and munhu's comments are sooo freaking funny, i don't know about you, but skc makes an excellent point, besides the fact that the actual baby making exercise is quite a lot of fun..could be worth it no?! lol

Vimbai said...

Munhu: Um thanks for that rather colourful analogy!

Lolo: You can want all you want :-P

Skc: Dude, where do you get these lines? LOL, killah!

Unwritten: Don't encourage Skc, hahaha. I have no doubt that the baby making exercise is fun, its the by-product of such a workout that i'm actively avoiding!

Monique said...

Coming from someone who was recently knocked up 2 weeks ago - Keep dem legs closed. LOL. Seriously, children are a blessed and it's even more wonderful when its with the right person.

I do agree there is something in the water because me and 3 other folks were pregnant at the same time and have delivered all a day within each other. What can I say, it was a busy winter. ;)

Vimbai said...

Congrats Monique! Hahaha, maybe its a ploy by all corporates to keep women preggers which would reinforce my theory that there IS something in the water!

Busy winter indeed, the stork is gonna be super tied-up this summer ;-)