Thursday, August 07, 2008

Oh Me, Oh My!

The music business is nothing but unpredictable at the moment with people literally diving out of the box , dabbling in every genre and clearly diversifying their musical portfolio’s. Nothing wrong with that, a little confusing at best though, like which genre does Ms Rhianna actually belong in and why does Jesse McCartney look and sound like Robin Thicke these days?

Then there’s the New Kid on the Block, Mark Ronson. Who is this cat? Where did he come from? Actually never mind how he came about, I am just glad he his here, bringing a fresh breeze with his various collaborations with Amy Winehouse, Lupe Fiasco and most recently, with one of my favourite artists, Lily Allen.

I have caught their track once, but once was enough. I am hooked! Get a hold of it if you can. I especially love how the music video features Lily Allen as a Jessica Rabbit type character, it’s just too cool!

"Oh My God" Mark Ronson (feat. Lily Allen)

Time on your side that will never end
The most beautiful thing you can ever spend
But you work in a shirt with your name tag on it
Drifting apart like a plate tectonic

It don't matter to me'
Cos all I wanted to be
Was a million miles from here
Somewhere more familiar

Too much time spent dragging the past up
I didn't see you not looking when I messed up
Settling down in your early twenties
Sucked more blood than a backstreet dentist

It don't matter to me'
Cos all I wanted to beIs a million miles from here
Somewhere more familiar

(Chorus)
Oh my god I can't believe it
I've never been this far away from home
And oh my god I can't believe it
I've never been this far away from home
And oh my god I can't believe it
I've never been this far away from homez
And oh my god I can't believe it
I've never been this far away from home

Great rulers make for greater glory
The only thing growing is our history
Knock me down I'll get right back up again
I'll come back stronger than a powered up Pac-Man

It don't matter to me'
Cos all I wanted to be
Was a million miles from here
Somewhere more familiar

(Chorus)
Oh my, god I can't believe it
I've never been this far away from home
And oh my god I can't believe it
I've never been this far away from home
And oh my god I can't believe it
I've never been this far away from home
And oh my god I can't believe it
I've never been this far away from home


2 comments:

Skinny Girl said...

I love Mark Ronson. Do you have his CD "version"? Awesome!!!!!!!!

S X

Vimbai said...

Dude, i didn't even know there was a cd version! Clearly i just need to get EVERYTHING this guy has done :-)