Monday, August 18, 2008

Love at First Sight

Freaking heck its cold outside! Not a patch of blue sky in sight, boo! Crazy weather aside, i am in a fantastic mood. My weekend was uber restful and went something like this:


Friday night I got my poker game on! I would be lying if I told you I played like a pro. There I was, the most experienced poker player on the table getting my ass handed to me by a group of newbies. I’m a lousy loser (think John McEnroe to the nth power) so had to chug back the wine to keep the loser blues at bay, in hindsight that probably didn’t help my game. After a few glasses, I was NOICE, swaying in my chair, extremely happy.... and still losing!

Had a pretty uneventful day on Saturday which was more than welcome, given the sleep debt I’ve racked up over the last few months. In between bouts of sleep I managed to put away 6 mini cupcakes in less than 5 minutes (can you say Sugar High), find a new blog to read that I’m obsessed with, discover that Kirsty Coventry had just won a Gold medal for Zimbabwe (YAY!) and catch up on emails.

In between naps, my dreams as usual were crazy, dreamt of an ex boyfriend pitching up at some party I was at as a feral cat(!!!?) and I spent the majority of the dream trying to get him to morph back into human form. In that same dream I also dreamt I found my dream apartment in my dream neighbourhood.

I woke up smiling and grinning like the village idiot until I realised that I didn’t actually have my “dream” apartment. I decided to employ some Alchemist/Eat, Pray, Love tactics and ask the universe what I wanted and hopefully the universe would be reciprocate and hook a sista up!

My bed and I had another lengthy bonding session most of Sunday morning given the crazy cold front weather going on outside. Spring day is in T-minus 14 days and counting, some heat better be heading our way by then! Anywho, braved the cold to go and check out an apartment in my ideal neighbourhood!

The minute I stepped into the apartment every bone in my body screamed, “YES!” It was love at first sight, what is there not to like about high ceilings, parquet flooring, lots of light and LOADS of space. Clearly the universe was sick of me hollering and threw me a bone to keep me quiet.

-----------------------------------------------------

Who’s Bad? Caught the film version of Michael Jackson’s video “Bad” over the weekend on VH1. I remember first watching it back in 1987 and thinking that it was the freshest thing I had ever seen! However, having seen it again through older eyes I could help but ask the following:

1) Was Martin Scorsese on crack, casting MJ as some kid from the hood who was a former hood hell raiser? It’s about as believable as Megan Fox playing Mother Theresa in the upcoming documentary based on Mother Theresa’s life (some casting agents have obviously lost the plot);

2) Those dance moves were so cool back in the day, but this time round I couldn’t help but notice that a lot of the moves seemed to be strongly influenced by ballet. Dudes, there are as many pirouettes and fluttering movements in this video as there are in a production of The Nut Cracker; and,

3) Don’t you think Wesley Snipe’s character gave in too quickly at the end. Rest assured, I would also give in quickly if a troop of pirouetting gangstas with funky bandanas materialised from nowhere chanting, “You’re doing wrong!”. But i can’t help feeling that a little fist action and exchanging of words wouldn’t go amiss, then again, Martin had probably run out of VCR tape, hehehe.

Okay, let me get back to the daily grind :-S

5 comments:

Ruby said...

sometimes a peaceful weekend is just what we need:)

Nyasha said...

hooray for popeye!!

Vimbai said...

Ruby: Peace is always welcome, but now that i am rested...bring on the ruckus!

Nyash: Thanks, now i have Popeye's, "I'm strong to the finish, when i eat the spinach, of Popeye the Sailor Man!" theme song stuck in my head!

Monique said...

Sounds like a great weekend. Sometimes you don't need to leave the house to get it together.

My girlfriends and I used to Martinis, Poker and Fish Fry Friday Nights last summer. We drank more than we played cards but it was still fun.

Vimbai said...

Fish Fry Friday Nights, hahaha, sounds tasty and lots of fun! May just nick that idea from you, hehehe.