Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Faulty Tear Ducts & Some Dated BS!

I noticed something weird the other day, I was reading some rather emotional literature and predictably felt the tears welling up in my eyes, Thing is, it wasn’t in both eyes, my left one was misted over whereas the right one was going off like a sprinkler. Rather odd don’t you think?

I feel like those Soapie actresses delivering some heartfelt line (read: spewing forth utter rubbish) while one lone tear emerges from only one eye to travel down her cheek, for extra dramatic effect :-)

The flat/apartment hunt continues with restored enthusiasm, it’s amazing how the thought of having to live out of one’s suitcase for another month can propel one into action. I have some good leads, lets hope that at least one of them fits the bill ‘cause time will be running out soon enough.

It doesn’t help that some of these real estate ladies and gents are clearly not a fan of my, how do I put this, “ethnic” name. It’s extremely sad that in the year 2008, on the continent of Africa nogal, I have to put up with this BS….eish, it’s totally unnecessary and just as unavoidable :-S

I had mates advise me to use my English second name or some made-up name to make enquiries, but my reasoning was, sooner or later they’re going to figure out I’m black innit, so lets keep the BS to a bare minimum. Hopefully, this moral-high ground approach won’t bite me in the you-know-what.

I just had a thought, just imagine every apartment complex, neighbourhood, gated-community in South Africa had to fulfil an Affirmative Action-type ethnic quota….that would be hilarious!

Can you say mass-exodus-to-Australia?!

Anywho, let me get back to the daily grind and figure out if those strikes are happening nearby so i have a perfect excuse to abscond from work...fingers crossed!

2 comments:

skc said...

Thats strange, thats never happened to me. And if it does happen to you, walk away. It's the principle that counts in this situation.

Vimbai said...

The two times it has happened, i was just too weak to give the ladies in question a piece of my mind!

Here's me hoping they get some form of enlightenment in the near future!