Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Hump-Day Ruminations

This +10hour working day routine is slowly taking its toil on me. I conveniently slept through all 3 alarms this morning so feel like I am lagging 30mins behind everything today.

The whole hot chocolate routine just didn’t cut it when I got in, I needed me a Big Girl Beverage with that much-needed caffeine kick. I warily assessed the choices I had and selected a cappuccino, much to my workmates disgust. You see, he had been trying to steer me clear of the office coffee machine and had listed why it was in my best interest, healthwise, to just make up my own cup myself.

I was not having it, after all, how bad could the cappuccino be, after all it was provided by the same people who made that divine hot chocolate I had been raving about earlier. How bad could it be.

Bad. Very Bad.

Words cannot express how foul that cappuccino was. The picture on the right sums it up best. I have learnt my lesson.

Otherwise I am having a pretty chilled Hump-day.. Work is cool; I recognise more faces and more importantly, can actually put names to those faces. With the whole baptism by fire behind initiation behind me, I ready to tackle anything that’s thrown at me.

I am also quite happy to be reunited with my formal-corporate-working-wardrobe after living in jeans, sneakers and t-shirts for the better part of the year. Crisp white shirts, black sweaters, black/grey/tweed pencil skirts, high heels, *sigh*, yes, it’s great to be back in the Land of the Living.

Ooooh, nearly forgot….it’s payday today, yay!



4 comments:

Nyasha said...

wooooo hooooo pay day!! holla at your girl!! and ur girl will holla back! lol nice one working woman!!!
sha vims that coffee ad is hilarious!!! i feel it, i cant wake up till i get my morning hit!!!

Vimbai said...

Eish, i hate coffee but its the only thing that wakes me up in the morning.

You know our culture dictates that i must spend my first salary on buying the parental units blankets, i swear the obsession with blankets in the Shona culture is a little disconcerting at times, hahaha.

Wazzie said...

erm darling I want a blanket too!

Vimbai said...

Sadly blankets only for the parental units. Birth a few sprogs and one day you too will get some blankets innit.