Monday, May 26, 2008

New Kid On The Block


Nothing like First-Day-On-The-Job jitters to make you feel like your first day at school and remind you that you are the new kid on the block.
Since you only get one chance to make a good first impression, I was determined to let today go off without a hitch. I even did the whole laying-my-clothes-out-the-night-before routine; nothing was left to chance here people. Everything was extremely premeditated and coordinated to give off the image of effortless (*ahem*) grace, lol.

All my preparation did not go to waste as I breezed through the day. The only minor hiccup of the day occurred in front of the coffee machine, I couldn’t for the life of me figure out why it wasn’t “working” so to speak. Thankfully, the guy patiently waiting next to me, took pity on me (after chuckling under his breath for 2 minutes *cringe*) and showed me what was up.

The only drawback of returning back to the corporate world and working for The Man is….no more sleeping in! Lord have mercy, I could hardly keep my eyes open at 10am this morning, so much so that I believed that coffee was my only hope (hence, leading to dubious aforementioned coffee incident).

Goodbye severe slacker behaviour, midday lie-ins…welcome 6am wakeup alarms & sub-zero temperatures, urgggggh!

*Mild Digression: I can’t believe NKOTB are back together, the original boy band are back to make us swoon…well I hope they’ll make us swoon rather than not make us wonder who them old geezers on stage are, hehehe. I love you Jordan!!!!

PPS: Grey’s Anatomy Season 4 Finale tonight (well for those of us on this side of the world anyway). There better not be any making up btwn McDreamy & the show’s namesake!!!

4 comments:

Nyasha Moyana said...

mm hmmm and how did you feel about Meredith and Derek in the end??

Vimbai said...

Those two just need to call it a day mate! Meredith's outbursts are just too much sometimes!

lebogang said...

Vim, are you serious about NKOTB getting back together? Isn't it a bit too late for that? Are they gonna keep the name?

Vimbai said...

I am SE-Ri-Ous mate, check out this link http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20174022,00.html

But first, you must confess who your favourite NKOTB member was, hehehe.

As for keeping the name, they could go on Old Men On The Block, but it doesnt have a ring to it, lol.