Monday, April 14, 2008

The Reluctant Grown Up

There are days, like today, when i wish i didn't have to act, behave or even be a grown up. When i wish someone else could be accountable, responsible, in-charge and on-top of things and leave me to my devices, for at least 24hours...

On some days, like today, i swear all i want to do is cry for my mummy to come over and make it all better. But the reality is, i am a grown a*s woman and just need to get it together :-)

Days like today don't happen all that often but when they do, all i want to do is hide under the covers until i'm ready to face the music and just deal.

At least i'm not alone, everyone else seems to be muddling through life like me, playing at grown-up until it actually feels like you're one (some do a better impression of it than others).

Now if what these new surveys (and Jay Z) are saying is true, that 30's are the new 20's, then that explains all the angst, its 'cause i'm a teenager again. However, this time round i don't have the chunky boots, black nail polish, dark rimmed eyes and black lipstick to alert people to the inner turmoil i am experiencing.

Nope, like the grown up I'm trying to be, i have to suck it up and put on my happy face and just deal, quietly and privately...no inappropriate outbursts and displays of emotion allowed here. here.

In my opinion, Growing Up Sucks!

"We're still immature
and we'd like to be
for a few years yet.

The world's not ready [..]
we're not ready for the world,
we're still trying to learn."

Myron Lysenko - "Pets and Death and Indoor Plants"


2 comments:

Wazzie said...

My thing is every now and then it will dawn on me that I am all growed up, am actually doing a job, telling people what to do and its like - wow really? LOL!

Vimbai said...

Hahaha, thats cute tho, that it sneaks up on you!