Sunday, April 20, 2008

Et tu [Insert Guy Friend’s Name] & some Humour

It’s a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife guy pal who’s reaching the big 3-0 & acquired a long-term significant other is not going be as available to hang out with as he was in the past.

Slowly but surely, my guy pals are being taken down slowly. The men who used to argue into the night that Bachelourhood was a permanent rather than transient state and who used to change girlfriends/bedmates so frequently I gave up trying to remember any of their names are the very same men that can’t stay out too late because the missus would be mad. It’s hilarious to witness this metamorphosis.

I miss the days of being the first lady of this crew but I’m all for embracing natural progression! Lord knows, my days of polishing off a large pizza just to prove to the boys that I could are way behind me. I am grateful that for about 3 years they showed me a testosterone way of life (it helped explain a few things about the opposite sex) and threw me out of my oestrogen-dominated comfort box.

This is not goodbye, ha!, it takes a little more than that to shake me off ;-) Rather, it's a, "See you around pal."

-----------------------------------------------------

Now for a little humour courtesy of the folks at Youtube…or rather, the folks who upload stuff at Youtube.

The first one comes courtesy of my younger sister which shows off her twisted sense of humour but practically begging me to check this out

The following links are for an American Express ad featuring Beyonce. If you haven’t caught the original click here, if you know it well, then check out this spoof of sorts, freaking hilarious!

And if none of that made you giggle, then some non-PG13 humour from Cyanide & Happiness will do just the trick, enjoy.


No comments: