Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sunday Night Poetry IV

I Many Times Thought

I many times thought peace had come
When peace was far away,
As wrecked men deem they sight the land
When far at sea they stay.

And struggle slacker, but to prove,
As hopelessly as I,
That many the fictitious shores
Before the harbor lie.

Emily Dickinson

---------------------------------------

Biological Reflection

A girl whose cheeks are covered in paint
Has an advantage with me over one whose ain’t.

Ogden Nash
----------------------------------------

Sitting on the balcony

Sitting on the balcony
fingering a beer
I have bought
without any intention to drink:
I see a little boy
poking for something
in a refuse dump:
looking for a future?
I am afraid the stars say
your road leads to another
balcony, just like this one:
where you will sit
fingering a beer you bought
without any intention to drink.

Charles Mungoshi

---------------------------------

Two Cures for Love

1. Don't see him. Don't phone or write a letter.
2. The easy way. Get to know him better.

Wendy Cope

2 comments:

missnyash said...

ko nhasi iwednesday? im waiting for the next blog issue!

anonimas said...

i hv just been strait-jacketed (they released me in order to post this comment) - withdrawal symptoms galore because of no posts. shivers, shakes, farts, burps without end because no new post...please save me. post something!!!!