Thursday, March 06, 2008

Random Weekday Ramblings

1) Watching any news channel for more than an hour is a very, very sobering experience.

I think The World needs a big hug or something.

2) Fergie's line, "I'm gonna miss you/Like a child misses their blanket" really, really strips her song, "Big Girls Don't Cry" of any real credibility. Its a stupid, awkward line!

3) Embracing the minimalist lifestyle is easier said than done, especially if you are a Bag-Lady-Hoarder like myself? 4 trash bags later and i've barely made a dent *sigh*

4) People need to just leave Madiba/Nelson Mandela alone now, he's such a frail looking old man and he keeps getting dragged out for State events and the like. Makes me furious is all.

5) Why is there suddenly an epidemic of twins in the world? This phenomena is endemic to Hollywood but the rest of the world is catching on. In 50 years time, it will be odd if you don't have a twin or triplet sibling!

6) Nothing is as ego-boosting as fitting into a pair of jeans you owned 10years ago! Sadly, the dated jeans add as a reminder as to how the years have flown by, lol.

7) My Weekly Myth buster : All women are supposedly great multi-taskers....wrong! According to my loved ones, i can't IM and speak on the phone at the same time, lol. Guilty!

3 comments:

skc said...

I rather like that Fergie line. If you really listen to the lyrics, it's evident that she's reminiscing upon love through the innocent eyes of her childhood. Hence the title of the song for example.

There are plenty of such clues sprinkled throughout the song such as "I must take the baby steps until I'm full grown
Fairytales don't always have a happy ending, do they" or even "Like the little school mate in the school yard
We'll play jacks and uno cards
Ill be your best friend and you'll be mine
Valentine".

So I like the juxtaposition of adult/puppy love sewn throughout the song.

And for the record, I HATE Fergie, but thats a good tune.

Clueless Cat said...

LoL, I read a magazine once that mentioned that line in Fergie's song...haha

And yeah, talking on the phone and IMing at the same time isn't that easy!! haha

Vimbai said...

Skc: Very well explained, lovely prac. crit. of Fergies song....i just don't like how that line rolls off your tongue is all.

It makes sense theme-wise, but not sing=ability wise!

Clueless Cat: I’m sure there was a universal outcry against that line, lol. Thank you for reaffirming that it IS hard to IM and talk on the phone at the same time, now to convince those who say otherwise :-S