Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A Rovha's* Life is a Lonely Life


"Sittin' in the mornin' sun
I'll be sittin' when the evenin' come
Watching the ships roll in
And then I watch 'em roll away again"
Otis Redding - "Sitting on the Dock of the Bay"

The euphoria of being "between jobs" (technically, i'm not unemployed) is wearing thin! I have exhausted all forms of time-wasting activities, money permitting and all that. Even took a trip across the border that was mafaro**-orientated...thing is, unless all your mates are playing truant/between jobs/general slackers, chances are you have noone to hang out with, boo!

It would have been nice to have someone sitting next to me to pass me the Kleenex during the viewing of the movie, "Griffin & Phoenix***" which left me in snot & tears. It would have been nice to have someone to dissuade me from buying that pair of trousers which i realise only now are not looking that good at all.

Living out of a suitcase was also getting on my tits! I was fast running out of clean clothes and most importantly, was missing my bed at home. My bed and i have an ongoing love affair, it takes a lot to leave it in the morning and practically make a beeline for it after a hard days slog...but seeing as i have yet to slog, i guess my bed is going to see more of me than is really necessary.

I can't wait to hit the 8-5 slog again, freaking heck, i will even go on the record and say i'm looking forward to working overtime, lol. Until then, i need to create more structure to my days. I have a list lined up, how i love them lists:

1) Get back on the wagon of working out, somewhere between Christmas and New Years i sort of rolled off it, but a few kg's have crept back on, so back to jogging (read: walking) for me.

2) Finish the last 12 chapters of that epic lovestory i'm supposed to be writing for Mills and Boons. After the enthusiasm of coming up with Chapter 1 i ran out of steam, lol.

3) Stay away from the TV, it will only encourage my slacker behaviour.

4) Look into that fashion design course that so-and-so did, two months is a LONG time to kill, and,

5) If push comes to shove, take up gardening (don't scoff, i have nimble greenfingers).


For now, i am content to crawl back into bed and perfect the art of doing nothing!

* Rovha (shona slang) - A general slacker
**Mafaro (shona) - A joyful activity or sensation that usually involves alcohol and the like.
*** I have no idea what's going on in Hollywood, but all the movies that were on were death orientated. A little morbid methinks.

PS I know this is somewhat belated but RIP Heath Ledger, sadly, the good die young.

10 comments:

Lolo said...

enjoy it while you still can coz sista, joburg will work you out. Happy for you......

Vimbai said...

Lolo: Hahahaha, thanks hun!

Anonymous said...

I believe the word you are looking for is 'rovha'....

'Rova' means 'to strike'.

The W said...

ooooo we have a shona dictionary in our midst!

Vimbai said...

Anon: Thanks for that, i stand corrected.

The W: It never hurts to have a Shona dictionary in ones midst, lol.

Anonymous said...

That's right, W. I got a 6 (A pass, might I add.) on my ZJC Shona....

You're all more than welcome to heap accolades on me now now....

Anonymous said...

just for the record ana anonymous tavakuwandisa - so that anonymous is not this anonymous. inini zita rangu ndinotonzi anonymous. zvinorwadza kana munhu asiri anonymous achingo tambisa zita revamwe. i verry bad system yakatoshata !!!

Anonymous said...

just for the record ana anonymous tavakuwandisa - so that anonymous is not this anonymous. inini zita rangu ndinotonzi anonymous. zvinorwadza kana munhu asiri anonymous achingo tambisa zita revamwe. i verry bad system yakatoshata !!!

Anonymous said...

just for the record ana anonymous tavakuwandisa - so that anonymous is not this anonymous. inini zita rangu ndinotonzi anonymous. zvinorwadza kana munhu asiri anonymous achingo tambisa zita revamwe. i verry bad system yakatoshata !!!

Vimbai said...

Anonymous: Is there any way you can go by your second name, lol. I can't stop laughing. I suggest you pick a nickname and when leaving a comment, sign off in the nickname box (which sits above anonymous btw. Still can't stop laughing, lol