Thursday, January 17, 2008

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished...

So in keeping with trying to be a better person this new year*and keeping my dark side at bay i was (emphasis on was) hoping to bring love and peace to all those around me. I'm officially done with the do-goodery after its come back to slap in the face, boo!

There i was minding my own business (aren't i always *hehehe*) when Friend A starts asking me what's the deal with Friend B's attitude and what not. Bear in mind, Friend A and Friend B aren't themselves friends, i am the weird crossover bit in this Venn Diagram of cliques so to speak.

Feeling that Friend A is getting the wrong end of the stick about Friend B, i speak up and highlight B's charming qualities that A hasn't probably had the pleasure of being on the receiving end of. You know the saying, "Only speak up if you have good things to say." Well i had MANY good things to say, i laid it on thick and no, i wasn't lying, B isn't half bad :-)

Cue violin playing and me skipping off into this distance thinking "How lovely am i".

Skip ahead 12 hours later; Friend C (eish, there are a lot of people in this gwan all of sudden) hollers to let me that Friend B is livid at me for talking smack about her? Ummmm, come again! Which part of i-sang-her-praises is the universe not getting here. I came to B's defense and now i'm paying for it, what the heck did Friend A say...or not say.

Now you see, 2007-me would have put her case to the jury to help B see the light and make A repeat every damn thing i told her in front of B. However 2008-me has just one word for the whole gwan, "WARRIED**". I did a good deed, it bit me the bum and now i must live with backlash...geesh, its hard to be a martyr ;-)

* How long can i keep calling this year "new"? Oh and while i am asking that, how long is the New South Africa gonna keep being new, after 10 years aren't you now officially kinda old...am just asking.

** Warried (sounds like "worried" but with an "a"): Lovely zim slang that basically means, "I don't give a rat's arse***"

*** Personally, i'm not really acquainted with any rat's arses, but you get the gist of what i'm trying to say here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ndizvo hako muface - kusiya ana bharanzi vachimhanya nesango zviribho. Dhemmeti mhani wagona apa.

Vimbai said...

Anon: Zvinotambika i guess. PS Love the spelling of dhemmeti, am going to steal it!