Tuesday, December 04, 2007

What i think Bobby Valentino didn't realise!

So you know that song by R’nB Bobby Valentino, “Anonymous”, the one where he’s crooning on about meeting a girl in the club who doesn’t tell him his name but keeps responding “Anonymous” and he’s kinda getting frustrated that she’s not telling him her name.


"I wanna know, i wanna know your name (your name, your name)

Why you gotta be Anonymous."

My theory (and I think I’ve hit the nail on the head with this one) is that Bobby Valentino had actually bumped into a Zim chick by the name of Anonymous, heck, I’m pretty sure she was there at the club with her sister Synonymous too, lol.


My lovely countrymen & countrywomen, have a knack of naming their kids the most random of names. So if you can call your child, “Flight”, “Hatred”, “Consider” and “Sophisticated” then the chances of “Anonymous” being someone’s name seems are very likely! And the chances of this mysterious lady, the muse of Bobby's song actually being called Anonymous are even more probable.

Listen to the song again, it will make perfect sense then.

That’s my story and I’m sticking to.

Oh and what’s this of Ms Beyonce Knowles trying to do her own cover version of Aaliyah’s track “One in a Million.” Has this chick heard of NOT messing with perfection. Eish, I love B and all , but now she’s just smoking ish!

That’s my two cents for the day :-)

16 comments:

Ruby said...

and here I was thinking all those jokes about the zim names were....well, jokes!

Vimbai said...

Don't get me wrong, the whole nation is not walking around with random names, but i'd estimate a good 5% are!

G-Mack said...

You never told me if Prettymore is actually pretty!
I love all the -more names: lovemore, givemore, jivemore, somemore, nomore!

Anonymous said...

LOL - g-mack has just mentioned the name of someone I dislike intensely and you know what the name suits him coz all he could "givemore" of was a whole load of s**t! So there might be something in prettymore being more than the average kinda pretty LOL!
W

Vimbai said...

G-Mack: Prettymore was average looking, which was predictable. In my extensive research, i've found that people with names like Pretty, Lovely and the such are the complete opposite of their names. I love the name Nomore, you usually find that he/she has like 8 siblings before them, so that name was the parents screaming for help in the contraceptive department.

W: Who the hell do we know called Givemore, hahahah, mukomaGivi. Like i said, they're the opposite of the names...more so when "more" is thrown on the end!

Anonymous said...

is your name mary-anne ..."mary-anne" futi..hanzi anonymous..

Vimbai said...

Ummm, who're are you asking? Aint no Mary-Anne here.

Lol, now i'm thinking of all those random double-barrelled names: Mary-Anne, Dorothy-Jane, Chucky-Lee, Missy-Lou...hahaha, i think i need to name one of my tipsy alter ego's one of those names.

The Blonde Blogshell said...

Wahahahaha!!! Yes that's hysterical. The names are amazing. Or was her name actually Amazing? Oh dear!
Thanks for stopping by my blog -so awesome of you!!

Anonymous said...

ever heard of a bubblejoy? I have and am DEAD serious

Vimbai said...

Blonde Blogshell: No problem hun and yes the names are VERY amazing!

Anon: I OATH i went to high-school with a Bubblejoy, actually i'm 99,9% i did in fact.

Life is hard enough as it is without having to go through it with a name that will make you an instant target in the playground

Wazzie said...

ok my last two cents worth. This is a true story. At some school they had a kid called "Pencil" and when he annoyed people they would say to him "Shut up or I will sharpen you!"

Ok Vim trying out new technology here....

Becks... said...

Vimbai: I love your post! I have a cousin called Pasela. My grandmother named her so. Why? So my aunty went off to college and came back not with a Diploma but with a 'parcel'! I'm so glad my mum stayed far away when she had me and named before before they went to show me off. I'de be running around with a name like 'Present'. Imagine what register time in class would have been like. Wha-hahahahaha

Wazzie: Lol. Pencil!

Vimbai said...

Wazzie: You are LYING, i can't stop laughing...hanzi "shut up or we'll sharpen you"! You are killing me softly here shamwari, hahahaha. Classic, classic you have made my day!

Becks: Pasela!!! Eish, at least your mum had the sense to remix the spelling of the name (so your cousin could at least front and tune its an exotic name innit). You would have been called Gift, Pressie or Christmas Box, hahaha.

Anonymous said...

I knew a guy called Percysledge in secondary school. I kinda liked it actually, I always though I'd name my first son that...

lebogang said...

Tight post, Vim.
Becks - LOL about the Pasela story. When I lived in KZN, I came across a couple of No-College's (not sure how they spell it). The theory was the same - mother went to college and came back without a diploma therefore child was named "No-College".

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!