Monday, December 10, 2007

The Royal Flush

Compared to the disaster that was last weekend, this weekend was a breeze. Not once did I feel inclined to rock in fetal position while listening to James Blunt, hahaha. I decided to put my recluse ways behind me and immerse myself, somewhat, back into society.

The highlight of my weekend however, was how I kicked garo/a*s in poker yesterday evening. Contrary to what I told The Blonde Blogshell, it turns out I’m not such a shite poker player after all.

The General & GG hosted the mini-poker tournament at their casa that was attended by themselves, moi, The Godfather, Flash and Fattie*. We were all novices at the game, but after a few “warm-up” rounds, the tension began mounting as the game took a turn for the intense. Fattie and I were holding our own amongst the boys and even though I lost half her chips (eish, sorry hun), the sisterhood still held strong.

I managed to win a few hands with some impressive hands, a Full House & a Straight and I came third out of the six of us playing. The Godfather played it cool, virtually unreadable the whole nite he added the spice with raising ridiculous bets which were usually backed up with equally ridiculous cards (a pair of lovely Aces blessed him at least twice during the whole game). However, it was Flash who I dubbed The Comeback Kid coz when he was down to about 3 poker chips, he managed to win the pot and wage a war against The Godfather who he ultimately thumped.

I really don’t need another vice to add to my growing list but I’m beginning to suspect that Poker is going to right up there with my penchant for trashy novels.

Weekend Highlights


- Spending time in great company.
- Meeting up with S who I hadn’t seen since varsity days when were running riot in the streets of Rondies and the like;
- Gorging myself on hot chocolate, Earl Grey tea, the most decadent choc cake and waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many Marie biscuits to count;
- Being a bad-a*s poker play (yes, I am tooting my own horn)
- Catching up on loads of sleep.

Weekend Lowlights

- Missing 95% of the movie, “Perfect Stranger” because I was concussed from the sugar rush I’d suffered at the hands of the choc cake and all things sugary.

*
Fattie (pronounced: Fair-Tea) is actually one of the skinniest chicks I know!

8 comments:

The Blonde Blogshell said...

Well done at Poker -it's one hell of a game hey?
You just made me crave chocolate cake and I'm trying to remember the last time I had marie biscuits...you are evil :-) ha ha ha!!

Vimbai said...

Blonde Blogshell: The choc cake was DIVINE mate, divine! Life's too short to deprive yourself of all things sugary, just make sure you make up for it with some hectic cardio!

Gwai said...

One would just like to point out that is was I that was victorious, me, me, me. Well played el Godfather. Tomorrow is another day. . .

Gwai said...

Fettie: Fey-e-tie

Vimbai said...

Gwai: lol, whatever makes you sleep well at nite hun!

Fettie: Sorry kani, i will spell it properly in future :-)

Wazzie said...

Had to five you my poker personlity! Ace of hearts - woooohoo

Youthful and playful, you love life and the world.
You have a kind spirit, and you bring happiness to everyone you know.
Artistic and bold, you see the world in bright colors.
And you certainly aren't afraid to express everything you see and feel.
You are sentimental, and your emotions are very deep.
You are easily swept away and easily hurt.
A gamble you should take: Blackjack
Your friends would describe you as: Unique
Your enemies would describe you as: Weepy
If you lived in Vegas, you would be: An up and coming chef or fashion designer

Vimbai said...

Wazzie: You are having WAY too much fun with these blogthing quizzes...i don't really blame you, one can never get enuff of hearing how wonderful one is, hehehe

PS I hope your poker is up to scratch, coz its on when you get here!

Wazzie said...

True dat honey bunch!!! I is just way too fabulous.

Erm as for the poker thing erm well give me two days of learning and i will be doing some ass whipping.

3 days and counting.......