Mistake overturned but i called it lesson learned.
My soul has returned so I call it a lesson learned.
Another lesson learned.... "
I don’t care what anyone says, Alicia Key’s new album, “As I Am” is freaking amazing!
Everyday I find a track off of it to fall in love with all over again, yesterday’s track was, “Go Ahead”, a thumping anthem to start the day with. Today’s track is “Lesson Learned”, I know Thabi is feeling me with this one here.
I love what the song is about and I love that John Mayer is on this track.
Alicia Keys + John Mayer = Vimbai in ecstatic bliss
I thought I would share with you some of the lessons I’ve learned from the last few days:
1) Most 10 year olds are obnoxious brats especially ones that were brought up badly. Sadly, you cannot undo a decade of faulty upbringing over 3 days so don’t even bother.
Rather ignore the constant pleading for money & Christmas presents (i mean, wtf?) and keep reminding yourself that
a) He’s only 10yrs old,
b) He’s leaving….soon and
c) Tis the season of Peace and Reconciliation and committing homicide doesn’t really encourage this festive theme.
2) Spraying four cans of insecticide in, on and a under a car still won’t rid it of pesky spiders!
3) If you are the last person to get out of bed after three females have spent on average 15mins each showering, there will definitely be no hot water left. A tepid drizzle will fast become your new friend. Sadly there is some truth in the saying, “The early bird gets the first worm, or in this case, the hot water.”
4) Make sure you know exactly who is visiting before you strut into the lounge in all manner of dress or undress with crazy hair to match *cringe/blush*
5) It’s easier to reach Level 10 of Tetris if you start on Level 5 rather than Level 1 (yes, the office is boring).
6) Make sure nosy siblings are out of ear-range while you and your honey swap all sorts of terms of endearment on the phone otherwise you will mocked senseless once you get off the phone.
Okay, those are my pearls of wisdom for the day. I shall return to my game of Tetris which should wile away time till lunchtime.