Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Lesson Learned


"Yes I was burned but I called it a lesson learned
Mistake overturned but i called it lesson learned.
My soul has returned so I call it a lesson learned.
Another lesson learned.... "

I don’t care what anyone says, Alicia Key’s new album, “As I Am” is freaking amazing!

Everyday I find a track off of it to fall in love with all over again, yesterday’s track was, “Go Ahead”, a thumping anthem to start the day with. Today’s track is “Lesson Learned”, I know Thabi is feeling me with this one here.

I love what the song is about and I love that John Mayer is on this track.

Alicia Keys + John Mayer = Vimbai in ecstatic bliss

I thought I would share with you some of the lessons I’ve learned from the last few days:

1) Most 10 year olds are obnoxious brats especially ones that were brought up badly. Sadly, you cannot undo a decade of faulty upbringing over 3 days so don’t even bother.

Rather ignore the constant pleading for money & Christmas presents (i mean, wtf?) and keep reminding yourself that

a) He’s only 10yrs old,
b) He’s leaving….soon and
c) Tis the season of Peace and Reconciliation and committing homicide doesn’t really encourage this festive theme.

2) Spraying four cans of insecticide in, on and a under a car still won’t rid it of pesky spiders!

3) If you are the last person to get out of bed after three females have spent on average 15mins each showering, there will definitely be no hot water left. A tepid drizzle will fast become your new friend. Sadly there is some truth in the saying, “The early bird gets the first worm, or in this case, the hot water.”

4) Make sure you know exactly who is visiting before you strut into the lounge in all manner of dress or undress with crazy hair to match *cringe/blush*

5) It’s easier to reach Level 10 of Tetris if you start on Level 5 rather than Level 1 (yes, the office is boring).

6) Make sure nosy siblings are out of ear-range while you and your honey swap all sorts of terms of endearment on the phone otherwise you will mocked senseless once you get off the phone.


Okay, those are my pearls of wisdom for the day. I shall return to my game of Tetris which should wile away time till lunchtime.

12 comments:

SheBee said...

hahahha. this sounds like a day in the life of me. fabulous.

am so glad im not the only loser who has no leave.

Vimbai said...

The office is sooooooooooooooo dead, they should just let everyone go!

But yah,., you're not alone in the boredom!

Lolo said...

nothing like writing mail in bed vim, just go home. Miss u know who won't mind at all....be nice to the little boy, infact teach him a few life lessons
Finally you reached level 10..I hope u sent a screen shot! but it doesn't count, u have to start from level 1

Vimbai said...

Lolo: Hey i missed you today, zvako, lying in bed while i'm stuck here!

I will have you know, i reached it the first time from Level 1, lol.

I have no time teaching life lessons to some brat, especially one i didnt carry for 9mths!

Lolo said...

well im back at the house of boredom tomorrow, at leastfriday is a half day.....did u manage to park the car?

Vimbai said...

Car not parked, but mark my words, it will be tomorrow come hell and highwater (is that even the expression, anywho.)

Yay, more company in the House of Boredom.

Tabster said...

yep yep, u no how i'm loving this song vimbi! No words! And as for the 10year old, well my policy is that if someone is begging for a beating...ask and thou shalt receive!! I'll take pleasure i bestowing such gifts!! He he...joke....or not!!

The Blonde Blogshell said...

LOL :-)

Vimbai said...

Tabster: I live by your policy, ask for it and you'll be smacked senseless, lol.

Blondie: ;-)

Wazzie said...

Ahh Vim but do you see how Tiny Tim had not impact on us - once he was gone who remembered him??

G-Mack said...

And we all know how you learnt #4 from innit? especially about the hair!

ps i absolutely love Alicia's album!

Vimbai said...

Wazzie: Poor Tiny Tim, now i feel bad that i don't miss him!

G-Mack: Girl, i found the cure to frizzy, uncontrollable hair....SILICON! My locks are shimmering and manageable (thanks for the donation wazzie). Oh and Alicia's album is the one, the two and the three!!!!