Friday, December 14, 2007

Blimey O'Reilly

I didn’t so much drive to work today than wade in the streets with an automobile. The streets have morphed into mini-rivers, I’m guessing our drought of the last 5 odd years is over. Now I know Mae West would argue that, “Too much of a good thing is wonderful” but I am having my doubts…before I jinx our weather, let me knock on wood and just admire the incessant rainfall outside.

So I have a theory regarding spiders, I think they really like R Kelly’s “Chocolate Factory” album. I’m being serious. I previously mentioned that a nest of spiders had taken over my car, it was a dire hostage situation of note (that 2 bottles of insecticide sorted out pretty quickly).

What I forgot to mention though was that the little critters only used to launch out of their crooks and crannies only, and I have to stress ONLY, when I was playing music by Robert Kelly in my car.

Coincidence, I think not! He may be the Pied Piper of R’n’B & Underage Girls but it appears he’s the Pied Piper of the Spider Nation too, eish.

And for some good news: It appears I have found myself new gainful employment, yay! I was adamant that come 2008 I couldn’t be were I was, just from a growth & development point of view. After much back and forth, i handed in my resignation letter. Even though this was what i had been dreaming to do since this August, it was a bit of an anti-climax...i didnt feel relief, more like the numbness of ending a doomed relationship. Ah well, their loss :-)


“Let go to get one,
Lose some to win some,
Story of a champion
Sorry I’m a champion
You lost one.”

Jay-Z feat Chrisette Michele – “Lost Ones”

3 comments:

Lebogang said...

Congratulations Vim!
Talk about meeting your objectives - that's great! Where is this new company? (I'm hoping Gauteng or somewhere close to) and when do you start?

Vimbai said...

Lebo: Where the hell have you been girl, i haven't seen any of your weekly quotes in a while, tsk tsk.

New job isnt in Gauteng, but it will definitely steer me towards that direction. Will email you detail later :-)

Anonymous said...

makorokoto - endai mberi mukukunda asikana