Thursday, October 11, 2007

Stalking just got easier




“Facebook, how do I love thee?
Let me count the ways…”

Out of all the nifty inventions and innovations that have popped up in the last 10 years, Facebook scores very high on my list…dammit, who am I fooling, its on the top of my list.

After ignoring numerous requests by well-meaning friends, I eventually gave into the hype and haven’t looked back since. It’s been a few months now, but my love affair with FB is thriving.

If it wasn’t for FB…

1. I wouldn’t have been able to find every person I have ever known. going as far back as the chick in the cot next to me in the “Newly Arrived Babies” ward, 20-odd years ago;

2. Strange men from stranger parts of the world wouldn’t be able to get hold of me to ask me for anything ranging from sexual favours to just a chat…riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight;

3. I would forget most people’s birthdays, all 1000 of them;

4. I wouldn’t have such amicable rapport with most of my exes, even the one who posted pictures of him and his many chicks on FB 3 days after we had officially broken up - yes, even him;

5. I wouldn’t be able to “facebook” (read: stalk) interesting people *manic laughter*;

6. I wouldn’t know the thoughts, whereabouts, actions and bowl movements of all my friends. There is nothing as charming as know that “So-and-so is regular…”

7. I wouldn’t get poked, ever ;-)

8. I wouldn’t have a wealth of knowledge at my fingertips about where to go on the weekend or what parties, clubs etc where being held in general.

Love it or hate it, Facebook is here to stay and I’m quite happy about that. If you have no idea what I’ve been rambling on about, you have clearly been living under a rock...


"You cannot be friends with yourself." - facebook.com

No comments: