Monday, October 15, 2007

Queen for a Day!



My favourite day of the year (besides Christmas Day) is upon us once again! Yes Ladies and Gents, its my birthday today. I love birthdays, yes i do realise it means i'm getting older but isn't it wonderful that there's a whole day that belongs to oneself. I suffer from typical "middle child" syndrome, so the more attention i get, there better!


The inventory count goes like this: I woke up to many smses from around the globe, received many calls, my mother gave me the "i carried you for 9 mths" speech after i pointed out i wanted a pressie from her, my father sang for me (after having to be reminded that it was actually my birthday, men!) & even threw in a manic dance that shouldnt be performed again...EVER, my prodigal student brother even called which must have finished his airtime - ah bless, my older sis got a head start by wishing me happy birthday yesterday and my younger sister is somewhere in China hopefully picking up a few goodies for me *ahem* - Yes, i do think i am doing well this year :-)


The birthday fever was ever present this weekend, i channelled this energy into baking 36 cupcakes! 20 of which only made it to the office this morning to feed my fellow co-workers. Still can't believe i baked, i'm taking this domestic goddess metamorphis quite seriously!

My one birthday wish would be to have my diasporan family members, my girls and my honey here with me to enjoy the day (read: get piss drunk somewhere)...another time i guess.

Let us have birthdays every day,
(I had the thought while I was shaving)
Because a birthday should be gay,
And full of grace and good behaving.
We can't have cakes and candle bright,
And presents are beyond our giving,
But let lt us cherish with delight
The birthday way of lovely living.

Robert William Service


Birthday Shoutouts for Today: My "twin" Taffy, Keyshia Cole, Elena Dementieva (who kicked garo over the weekend), Eric Benet (i share my birthday with a confirmed sex addict...no comment), ex Princess Fergie, Mario Puzo (author of The Godfather) & Genuwine!


4 comments:

Lolo said...

The cupcakes were fantastic! Very sweet, fluffy and soft.Baked with love for us to enjoy with you. Your birthday should come every week. happy birthday Vim!

Vimbai said...

My pleasure honey!

I think i am gonna open a business pa-side selling cupcakes...i could start a cupcake empire, hahahaha.

Anonymous said...

I'll have a drink in your name, va-va-Vim!

Vimbai said...

Have 2 drinks and think of me :-)