Monday, October 01, 2007

Goodbye Miss Moneypenny

The actress, Lois Maxwell, who played Miss Moneypenny in most of the Bond movies has sadly passed. I do realise most people are generally wharried* for such info, but for some die-hard Bond fans like myself, it’s a bit of a blow mate.


Technically speaking Miss Moneypenny wasn’t a Bond girl per se, more like M’s secretary really. She did, however, embody all the necessary attributes of a Bond girl; easy on the eye, could kick some serious ass if the need ever arose andof course, had crazy chemistry with Bond himself**

At the tender age of 7yrs old, I was hell-bent on becoming a Bond girl especially after multiple viewings of Octopussy (those security chicks in the black S&M outfits were bad-ass mate), sadly, those dreams did not transpire as originally planned. Along the way, I derailed from the plan and now have settled on having the odd Martini, shaken not stirred, to console myself.

Weekend Update

Friday nite was a bit of write-off, have no idea what I did….eish.

Saturday I had the pleasure of dancing around The Rumbster’s living room, it beats dancing around my room by myself! For one, I am no longer the best dancer in the room, nothing like a little competition to get you to bust out a few moves. I also managed to polish off a whole bottle of red wine and successfully navigate my way home (this time I did manage to drive up the correct driveway).

Sunday I reinstated the tradition of fermenting*** and finally watched Layer Cake (that Daniel Craig is quite alright, although he does make a rubbish Bond!).

* wharried – couldn’t be bovvered :-)
** Just to state for the record, the TRUE James Bond is Roger Moore and not Sean Connery as some people like to claim, tsk tsk.
*** fermenting – doing fuck-all which involves hanging about in your pj’s and watching copious amounts of bad tv.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah for sure so sad abt Miss Moneypenny... Takes you back - do we still have those Bond movies at home?
W

Vimbai said...

Octopussy, Man with the Golden Gun and You Only Live Twice are the ones here....we just need to get the whole darn collection!

Anonymous said...

for sure!
w