Monday, September 17, 2007

The Itis


Definition: The general feeling of lethargy and well-being experienced after eating a satisfying meal. This phenomena is particularly triggered by foods high in carbohydrates and meats containing the amino acid tryptophan.
----------------------------------

Monday morning started off on a high note! I woke up before my alarm clock (those rays of light streaming into my room at 5am will do it), i changed the music in the CD shuffle in my car - only so many times i can hear Destiny Child, T.I. and some other mixed CD i had thrown in there and work is sublime, lots of it and i am happy to get on with it.

The best thing about today is that it's someone's birthday in the office and tradition demands the said birthday recipient brings through a big ass cake for all of us to scoff to our hearts content*. While on my 3rd slice of sublime, chocolate cake with The Itis settling in, i silently concurred that Marie Antoinette had the right idea when she declared, "Give them cake!"**

Sadly all that sugar has worked against me and i am now plummetting from a sugar high...eish, i am contemplating sneaking away from my desk to catch 40 winks in the bathroom :-)

Weekend Download: This weekend was full of drama: some unecessary (nothing like someone's badly behaved ex-girlfriend crashing a party to hit some "The Boy is Mine" drama. Its not only SO unecessary, it's just plain sad!) and some unavoidable (keep safe on the roads, drive to stay alive!).

*This puts some pressure on me to find an even bigger and better cake in T-minus 29 days *hint hint*

** Okay, the girl lacked a certain amount of foresight or general common sense with that statement and she paid with her head, literally!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sure its called niggeritis - is this the shortened version or are you being PC?
U know me down with PCness - I love my Abo's, Charos an all an all.

Wxx

Vimbai said...

:-)

Niggeritis is not PC at all so urban slang users have shortened it to The Itus!

Lol, since when were YOU down with the PCness, lies and more lies!