Sunday, September 23, 2007

Out of Town...Out of Sight!

I think I am having issues with the “big city”, how else could you explain my frantic need to get out of town every two weeks? It seems I’m making a point of visiting all national holidaying destinations within the next few weeks! I have just returned from taking another peek at our very own Natural Wonder, “The Victoria Falls”.

Not to sound ungrateful but there are only so many times I can see water gushing over a cliff really! Don’t get me wrong, it’s a freaking impressive sight…just not when you are seeing it for the 9th time (oooh, does it sound like I’m bragging…coz I’m not, okay, just a little bit), and given the time of the year, I was utterly let down by how little water spray there was coming from The Falls. Not cool at all when you’ve risen the hopes and expectations of those you are showing around the place.

I also realised why so many tourists die from falling into The Falls; in efforts to capture the “perfect shot” The Falls from an obtuse angle, its not surprising that they fall in…and I don’t feel sorry for them one bit! There is a reason why they are signs saying “Danger, do not go beyond this point”, saka if you plummet to your death after not heeding the warning, ndezvako (translation: It’s your own darn fault”)

The main highlights of the trip where:

1. Being in great company, and this great company teaching me how to play poker (am addicted now!)

2. Sipping on several alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages by the poolside whilst basking in the sun;

3. Chasing baboons and monkeys with a golf-cart on the golf course whilst failing miserably to play a decent round of golf!

4. Eating myself silly (note to self: summer workout routine starts effectively on Monday); and

5. Mocking tourists and their outrageous dress codes (what happened to blending in with the locals?).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you see any monkeys?? A mate of mine tells me they are the size of a man over there! True story.

Vimbai said...

Your mate may or may not have been telling the story...True Story! :-)