Tuesday, August 21, 2007

iPod exchange anyone?

Nothing screams, "I trust you" quite like handing over your iPod for someone to peruse at their leisure.


Nothing!

....well, that and handing over your cellphone pin codes and your email/Facebook passwords.

Silly as it may sound, i feel very, very vulnerable when people want to check out what playlists or random songs are on it. I get all defensive and ish and would rather they didn't. I would be more at ease walking around the grocery store in a bikini than have you see what i listen to.

Each song on my iPod invokes some kind of emotion or memory, both good and bad, so inadvertently, by perusing my music you are kinda shuffling through my soul, which nobody would be comfortable with. That and i have some really, really weird beats on it, lol.

My only solace would be to enter into an "iPod Exchange"....a veritable you-show-me-yours-i'll-show-you-mine kinda deal.

Then and only then would i feel less squeamish about the whole business.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, that once happened to me before. I willingly switched IPODs (even suggested the switch) because at the time I viewed the device simply as a fancy flash drive storing 1000 or 2000 or 10 000 mp3 files depending on disk space. It wasn't till a steady stream of text messages started coming in, mocking me for keeping Bocelli, or Enya, Neil Diamond, or Carrie Underwood that I realised that an IPOD was an extension of one's personality. And as a result, it will have an element or two about you that you'd rather avoiding being common knowledge.

It's all in good fun though, isnt it?

If I could go back would I do it all over again??

Damn straight!!

Vimbai said...

Carrie Underwood *snigger snigger* there's just NO coming back from that one, hahahaha!

Anonymous said...

Totally agree we need to swap.
So since you've seen "mine" show me yours..

Vimbai said...

Are we still talking about iPods here, hehehe?