Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Rites of Passage: Maruva!


Pirched on my chair in my pod, idling away the time till the next big meeting i got a call from the receptionist announcing that i had flowers waiting for me in the lobby.

My first reaction was one of cynicism, "Who the heck is trying to pull a prank on me?...they picked the wrong day to mess with me buddy!" However, the receptionist swore on all that is good that there were indeed flowers waiting for me.

I could hardly contain my girlish glee and merrily skipped all the way downstairs to pick them up :-)

They are now sitting proudly on my desk, strategically placed so passer-bys can oooh and aaah over them.

What i am not looking forward to is the Walk of Shame to my car at day-end, sometimes there is such a thing as too much unecessary attention.

PS Thanks so much for the flowers, they made my day: -) (you know who you are!).

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sweet! Inga zvako!

Vimbai said...

Lol, you know! "Stop it,i like it!"

Anonymous said...

I wish someone would send me flowers. Good for you hon
Wazzie xx

Vimbai said...

My lovely, you know i would if i was across the Limpopo! *big kiss*

Anita said...

That's awesome - I also got flowers yesterday - hand delivered by my gorgeous fiance! It is a lovely feeling receiving flowers - every girl's dream! Hope you are well. x

blessing said...

vim, i shouldn't have come to your blog. I am sooooo JEALOUS!

Vimbai said...

Anita: Most lovely feeling indeed :-)

Blessing: Ah, but babe i was waiting for yours all this time, lol. You slow, you blow!

blessing said...

eish, i was SLOW for sure love. i will have to make a plan because my competition is moving too fast:-)

Vimbai said...

Oooooh, let the games begin!