Friday, July 20, 2007

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!

In T-minus *does quick calculation* 10hrs and counting, the 7th and final instalment of Harry Potter is going to be debuted to the world and i can't freaking wait!


The world is split down the middle into two groups of people; Those who "get" Harry Potter and those who don't. If you fall into the latter category then here's me wishing you a great weekend (hey, i'm not here to convert the non-believers)! For the rest of you, read on!

I won't go as far as proclaiming, like a lot of people seem to be doing, that Harry Potter and his choms have changed my life. I will however admit that life's been a lot more interesting with him about.

It was The Year of Our Lord, 2000 when i first got introduced to Harry and gang, there i was on a the most divine, white sand resort location, drinking out of a coconut and all my attention was on finishing the first book***, that's saying a lot. It had originally been purchased for my youngest sibling and i'd initially dimissed it as child's play, nevertheless, 10 pages in i was hooked! There was no looking back!

I found myself wondering which house the Sorting Hat would put me in (Gryffindor like duh), how much fun it would be to hang out in Diagon Alley, how cool it would be to play quidditch or generally fly around on a broomstick. Yes at the age of 19, i was wondering whether my Hogwarts acceptance letter had got lost in the mail, hahaha.

In very atypical behaviour, i am avoiding any reviews, any trailers, any forums...i want to found out what shit goes down in that book all by myself! If it's going to be anything like the last 6 books we're in for a lot of twists and turns people!

Have a great weekend!

V x
*** Okay, not ALL my attention was on the book, i still managed to sneak a few peeks at the hotties playing beach volley...yum!

9 comments:

The Randomness said...

I am really beginning to think I am missing something here. I cannot get into Harry Potter. One of the chicks in my French class were so excited about the premier and the book blah blah blah. I am sticking to Ratatouille. A couple of people who looked perfectly sane are all going crazy and wanted me to get the leaked copy (coz they think I am the qeen of downloading). Now Vimbai is also into HP. It must be me - I should look into it - maybe I am really missing out on a good thing!

Vimbai said...

Read the first one and i'm telling you, you'll be hooked!The movies don't do it justice at all!

As for Ratatouille...the shots of it i've seen are hilarious, hahaha.

The Randomness said...

OK I feel weird but I am going to look for the first one....online - I am cheap *she whispers*. Ok maybe I will buy a used copy. There are Harry Potter parties going on round here...seriously dudes have been camping out since last night. Ok maybe I will stop judging till I have read the book....that damn JK Rowling. I wish I was her lady-in-waitingright now!

Vimbai said...

Sha, they're having parties...bra, here in H-town peeps are WARRIED for such things! You'll get a whole lecture about how ibhuku yaSatani, lol!

I don't care how you get it, just do!

Anita said...

Ok - out of interest what did it cost in Z$?

Vimbai said...

Who said i got it in Zim mmmh?

Anita said...

hmmm - ok fair point - where did you get it from?

Vimbai said...

Sadly i do not have this book as yet,bloody irritating actually. So i have 3 options:

Option 1: I could definitely get if from the UK by this Thursday...but i am getting impatient.

Option 2: Get it from SA by this Sunday...once again, not feeling very patient.

Option 3: Source locally! Am having a look-see at this one bookstore that might have it (fingers crossed), but the price i know will be staggering...will let u know how much it costs if they do have it. It will be a small fortune is my guess!

Honestly, so much fuss for a book...you'd think i was trying to get my hands on some Peruvian Gold or something!

Anita said...

Haha - shame Vim - Dave has been reading it and can't put it down - hopefully he will finish it tonight so that I can start it! :)