Friday, June 22, 2007

Winter Solstice celebrations

Yesterday, the 21st June, marked the Winter Solstice, also known as Midwinter. Many cultures worldwide marked this day with huge celebrations and festivals. We were no different; after all, it makes a lot of sense to celebrate the shortest day and longest night of the year by partying till the early morn.

I am suffering at work now, must....sleep....mmmmmh.

I’ll share some observations made during the course of the evening of my mid winter celebrations:

1. Its almost impossible to look like a sultry minx and be warm at the same time…well almost impossible, I think I pulled it off last night;
2. Dancing is the best way to keep warm, murder on your feet especially if you are wearing barely broken-into shoes like I made the mistake of doing last nite;
3. If you are silly enough to throw wads of cash in the air when “Make it Rain” is playing then know this…I will, without an ounce of shyness, pick up any notes I can get my hands on…what?;
4. Park as close as you can to the entrance of the venue…nothing like traipsing into the nether reaches of a car park in sub-zero temps, in shoes you cannot walk in; and,
5. Most people don’t appreciate the necessity of a good war-cry chant about it being cold, “Oooooh, it’s getting cold in here/There must be some solstice in the atmosphere!”, haters!

On that note, let me thaw while I count down the hours ‘til getting home!

Have a great weekend people

V x

No comments: