Monday, June 25, 2007

Red wine & ponderings


"Red red wine you make me feel so fine
You keep me rocking all of the time." UB40

A lot of red wine was consumed this weekend, I was very impressed with myself :-) I’m not a big drinke, no, honest..scouts honour and all of that jazz This weekend, however, I have a feeling my alter ego resurfaced for a little show & tell, lol.

For the first part of weekend the alcoholic beverage was consumed to drown out the vapid and extremely classicist comments coming from a haggle of suburban housewives I didn’t know and frankly, after an hour of listening to them debate the merits of using a brandy glass to a whiskey glass (who the heck cares???), I was ready to jump ship. The only obstacle between me and freedom was the fact that I was very parked in - the price one pays for actually being on time to a function.

Thankfully, the latter part of the weekend was more favourable to getting tipsy. It’s amazing what a difference good company makes. I pledged, in slurred tones, never to put up with rubbish company again and toasted the day away!

“tis better to be alone than in bad company” – George Washington

2 comments:

Joe Black said...

Lucky fish. Sobriety sucks. Roll on 15th July!

Vimbai said...

Amen brotha, amen!

Ummm, what's happening on the 15th that i don't know about?