Thursday, June 28, 2007

It ain't a game anymore!

I am no expert at the dating game, as a good friend of mine recently pointed out. It was useless to look offended coz she spoke the truth, a truth that I am trying really hard to rectify.

If dating was really a game/sport (then again, isn’t that what it is), I would be the kid pleading with the coach that I have month long cramps and shouldn’t be allowed to play, I would much rather sit on the bench, sipping some Energade watching activities play out in front of me. For the times I have been flung out on the pitch, its been confusing at best… and just as I was actually getting my head around it all, I found myself being yanked out of the game to sit on the bench again.

The reason I’m writing this is I find myself on the pitch again (it’s always a surprise how the heck I get here) and am trying to employ some sort of strategy. Okay, the word “strategy” implies some sort of underhanded scheming, which is not the case at all, I just like to be prepared is all (the contents of my rather large handbag are testimony to this particular trait).

History has shown that most strategies don’t actually work, be it; diving right in, taking it slow, maintaining distance, getting in up-close and personal, I think I’ve tried them all, which may be the actual problem; actively ”trying” that is.

As a self-confessed control freak, I like things to go the way I want them to, to the point of forcing situations AND relationships that should have never happened in the first place *sigh*, the beauty of hindsight. Deepak Chopra’s Second Law of Spiritual Success: The Law of Detachment (yes, I do read this ish…pretty enlightening stuff too) encourages the individual to surrender themselves to uncertainty, which is supposedly the “field of possibilities.”

So here I stand on the pitch which I have renamed, “The Field of Possibilities***”, not sure where the ball is going, or how the game is going to pan out but convinced I shall have fun regardless.

*** This name reminds me of that awful film of Kevin Costner’s, “Field of Dreams.” Two hours of watching a man play baseball in the middle of a field of chibage/maize with ghosts = Have mercy please!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is no formula to life but I really wish there was a bastard detector. I keep stumbling across monsters disguised as angels! It takes a while for the wings and halo to fall but they sure do.
Wazzie

Anonymous said...

Dudes are scarce these days. 3 chicks for 1 nigga its a scramble out there. besides you can never be prepared for these things. so what if you find out that he a devil in disguise at the end of the day, at least you would gotten what you want at that point..its a dog eat dog world so at the end of the day you would have just used each otha and you equal...But us being chicks, always get attached. Am most def gonna be a man in my next life...:-) fun and games

Vimbai said...

Wazzie - Awww, i hope current bloke's halo aint slipping! But sadly, there is NO strategy.

Anon - The ratio's are so screwed up no matter where you are, except Alaska i guess. Sadly this relationship game is a rat race & even if you do "win", you're still a rat innit. If i was to come back in my next life as a man...hahaha, i would destroy!

Anonymous said...

Not even in Alaska gal..Marin is still sharing Jack with Lyn and she is in Alaska "Men In Trees"...

Joe Black said...

Good luck in your...sporting endeavours!

I don't know why Wazzie is complaining - you know we're all the same, right?

Vimbai said...

Anon: That Men in Trees love triangle has got me peeved. Jack however may be worth all the drama...so yummy = All alpha, All man!

Joe: All the same, i disagree! I aint gonna spout some Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus bullshit, we're both from Earth people. We're just hardwired differently.

Anonymous said...

Joe it aint a crime to live in hope that there are a few out there that arent tainted by thr brush of bastadness. They do exist dont they....???#$%@#$
Wazzie