Monday, April 23, 2007

When it rains.....


I've officially come out of a 3-day slump, its true what they say about bad things...they come in three's and seven's. I think the heavens had a little pity on me, coz i was dealt the "3's "card.

When in a funk i ordinarily do not like to wallow...wallowing was never encouraged when i was a child, and for good reason too, sulking and "hitting an Eeyore*", self-gratifying as it is, never actually improves the situation. However, in serious circumstances (and this one was serious) i give myself 72hrs in the woe-is-me realm and that's it.

Note to self: Don't listen to manic depressive -inducing music when in the doldrums, it will only aggravate the situation. The likes of Lifehouse, The Cranberries, and all wrist-slitting music should be avoided like the plague.

On a good note, i'm feeling much better and am glad to rejoin the land of the living. Ms Scott's "Golden" is my theme song for the week & should ward off all inclinations to want to crawl back into bed and curl up in a ball, lol;

I'm taking my own freedom
Putting it in my song,
Singing loud and strong,
Grooving all day long,
I'm taking my freedom,
Putting it in my stroll,
I'll be high-steppin' y'all,
Letting the joy unfold,

I'm livin' my life like it's golden
Livin' my life like it's golden, [X3]
Livin' my life like it's golden, golden,
Livin' my life like it's golden, [X4]
Livin' my life like it's golden, golden


* "Hitting an Eeyore*: Growing up, i used to get annoyed with all the characters from Winnie the Pooh, especially Eeyore! He was always complaining and depressed! If only someone would remove the drawing pin on his butt holding up his tail (that couldn't have been comfortable) and tell him that thistles are NOT a recommended dietary requirement, he would be a happier ass!




4 comments:

Takunda said...

u cant post somethng like that and expect not to be asked what 3 bad things happened to u

Anonymous said...

Glad u ok now but you must always remember no matter how bad it gets they are us people who love you unconditionally and are constantly sending you vibes of mad happiness
W xxx

Anita said...

Hey, how you doing? Sorry to hear you had a rough patch...hope all is better now. *hug*

lebo said...

I'm sorry to hear about your slump. Good on you for getting yourself out of it though - it takes a lot of will-power to get out of eeyore mode. I was looking forward to seeing you this week - but, alas, there will be other times :-( Now you're forcing me to come down to Zim to see you instead ;-)