Monday, February 12, 2007

Moody's Mood for Love



T -minus 2 days till D-day or should I say V-day and it appears one cannot stay immune to the hype! What is this thing called Love that works everyone into such a frenzy? Actually, what is this thing called Love...period?! Love in its many forms and guises has had many a song, sonnet and suicide written in its honour. Whether you are experiencing the first throes of Love, Unrequited Love, Lost Love or that one True Love, trust me, there's a song out there describing to the "T" what you are feeling or going through.

This thought train inspired me to compile a list of songs about Luuuuuuuuuuurve! So with no further ado I present to you (in no particular order) my pretty long list of favourite love songs. Feel free to point out any other songs that deserve a mention!


1. “Always” – Bon Jovi
2. “Closer” - Floetry
3. “L.O.V.E” – Nat King Cole
4. “If I aint got you” – Alicia Keyes
5. “Better Together” – Jack Johnson
6. “Body & Soul” – Anita Baker
7. “Look what you’ve done” – Jet
8. “Stay with you” – John Legend
9. “Head over feet” – Alanis Morisette
10. “Close to you” – Maxi Priest
11. “Too Lost” – Sugababes
12. “Warning Sign” - Coldplay
13. “Not Like Crazy” – Jill Scott
14. “Angel” – Robbie Williams
15. “The Reason” - Hoobastank
16. “You and Me” – Lifehouse
17. “Love of my Life” – Erykah Badu feat Common
18. “Butterflies” – Michael Jackson
19. “Truly, Madly, Deeply” – Savage Garden
20. “Ask of You” – Raphael Saadiq
21. “Iris” – Goo Goo Dolls
22. “Be without you” & “Share my world” – Mary J Blige
23. “With or without you” – U2
24. “He loves me (Lyzel in E Flat)” – Jill Scott
25. “Incomplete” – Backstreet Boys
26. “Thank you” - Dido
27. “He is” – Heather Headley
28. “The nearness of you” – Norah Jones
29. “End of the Road” – Boys II Men
30. “Sweet baby” – Macy Gray
31. “She will be loved” – Maroon 5
32. “Wow” - Brandy
33. “Superstar” – Floetry feat Common
34. “The Promise” – Tracy Chapman
35. “Love at first sight” – Kylie Minogue
36. “Enchantment” – Corinne Bailey Rae
37. “Come Rain, Come Shine” – Ella Fitzgerald
38. “Just Like Heaven” – Katie Melua
39. “ Melt away”, “ Emotions’, “Dream lover”, “My All”, “Always” & “We Belong Together – Mariah Carey (hard to pick just one)
40. “Green Eyes” – Coldplay
41. “I’ll have nothing” – Whitney Houston
42. “That’s the way love goes” –Janet Jackson
43. “Without you” – Lucy Pearl
44. “Sunshine" - Lupe Fiasco
45. “For my babies” – Simply Red
46. “So into you” – Tamia
47. “You where meant for me” - Jewel
48. “My Love” – Justin Timberlake
49. “Piece by Piece” – Katie Melua
50. “Come Closer” – Common feat Mary J Blige


*Those songs in bold deserve an honourable mention!

4 comments:

lebogang said...

There are some real gems on that list - impressive. One of my all-time favourite love songs is by Boney James feat. Shai (remember them?) - it's very typically called "I'll Always Love You", but there's nothing typical about the song itself :-)
Another classic is "Dreaming my Dreams" - The Cranberries.

Vimbai said...

Oooh,i remember Shai! They had that one song i know everyone loved that one song that has the opening line, "The very first time that i saw your brown-eyes, you're lips said hello and i said Hi..."

But how could i have forgotten The Cranberries! I love that song and Linger...amazing!

Star said...

I know you said that there is no particular order, but STILL, The Promise should be numba wani!!!!!

Star said...

No man, the best Shaii song was that one that went a little something like this:
"I got a call, a telephone call today. Somebody's offering a job a 1000 miles away. And I want to take it, it's the opportunity of a lifetime. But I need a 2nd opinion, an opnion other than mine.

So, I, I'm turning to you. because you always seem to know what to do. When times like these arise, I call, on my only true friend in the world, MY GIRL"

Then it gets even lovelier and soppier, oh, pass me teh Kleenex!