Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Can i get an Encore, do you want more?



I'm am sooooooooooooo super stressed at work at the moment, had to take a time-out and vent on my blog, for sanity's sake! Honestly, the only light at the end of the tunnel is that in 11 days and counting, i will get to see one of the hottest, lyricists around...yup, Jay/JayZ/Hova/Jigga/Shawn Carter. To prepare for this momentous event i've taken to listening to a self-compiled CD full of his hits, nothing like some gangsta tunes to get you ready for the day!


I've decided to share some lyrics from his songs that i find either profound, witty or just downright...too cool. Couldn't put all of them down, but these are the few i like.


"When you first come in the game, they try to play you/Then you drop a couple of hits, look how they wave to you" - Encore


"The more space I get the better I write(Oh)/ Never I write, but, if, ever I write/I need the space to say whatever I like" Change Clothes


"If you're havin' girl problems i feel bad for you son/I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one" - 99 Problems


"But ma you got a f'real f'serious role /I'm bout to give you all the keys and security codes/Bout to show you where the cheese, let you know I ain'tplayin/But, before I jump out the window, what's your name?" Excuse Me Miss

"And I need you to remember one thing (one thing)/I came, I saw, I conquered/From record sales, to sold out concerts" Encore

"Rap critics they say he's "Money Cash Hoes"/I'm from the hood stupid, what type of facts are those" 99 Problems

"Only thing missin is a Missus/You ain't even gotta do the dishes, got two dishwashers/Got one chef, one maid, all I need is a partner" Excuse Me Miss


"I heard "Son do you know why I'm stoppin' you for?/"Cause I'm young and I'm black and my hats real low?/Do I look like a mind reader sir, I don't know/Am I under arrest or should I guess some mo'?" 99 Problems


"Thanks for holdin' down the household/When times were bad/As a man, i apologise for my dad" Anything


"I tried to ignore him and talk to the Lord/Pray for him, cause some fools just love to perform/You know the type loud as a motor bike/But wouldn't bust a grape in a fruit fight" 99 Problems


"I got this model chick that don't cook or clean/But she dress her ass off and her walk is mean" Girls, Girls, Girls


"Cuz mami's a rider, and I'm a roller /Put us together, how they gon' stop both us? /What ever she lacks, I'm right over her shoulder/ When I'm offtrack mami is keepin me focused" Bonnie & Clyde


"The problem is, you dudes treat the one that you lovin with the same respect that you treat the one that you humpin" Bonnie & Clyde


"Thanks for the days you kept me breathin'/ when my asthma was bad and my chest was weezin'" Anything


"She do anything necessary for him/ And I do anything necessary for her so don't let the necessary occur, yep! " Bonnie & Clyde


"She sees more than the Benz wagon, the friends taggin along with a flashy nigga braggin on the song/She gets a glimpse of Shawn and she likes that/He 2-ways her, so she writes back /Smiley faces after all of her phrases" Excuse Me Miss








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vimsy

Check out blog yeBlazzo wacko anobva kunyika kunaNyash - not the one yekupa vanu malips but yerudo - I think aisa tumaSuzie just for you! tee hee

W

Lebo said...

You've got me all riled up for the concert now. My favourite JayZ line is a rather silly one:
"She saw my necklace and started relaxing, now that's what the fukc I call a chain reaction" Money ain't a thang.
The countdown continues! I can't wait :-) Good luck with the work situation though :-(