Monday, September 11, 2006

Vices!!!


A friend and i were having a long conversation about nothing really, that is, until we got to the subject of vices... I was asking them what they considered their vices. Not surprisingly, a lot of umm'ing and ahhh'ing followed by questions like "define a vice"...the usual avoiding of the topic. So i volunteered to go first.... Before i began though, we had to define what a vice was! According to www.dictionary.com (i spend way too much time on this website) these are the following definitions of a vice:-

i) a bad habit
ii) a fault, defect, or shortcoming
iii) an immoral or evil habit or practice (a little harsh)

Now, you are all probably familiar with the traditional 7 vices, also known as the 7 Seven Deadly Sins which were made famous by Brad Pitt in the movie appropriately named, "Seven". (Ironically this may be the only Brad Pitt movie i didnt watch coz i am very squeamish!). They were; Lust, Gluttony, Greed, Sloth, Wrath, Envy and Pride.

So in a bid to join the "Confessional Age" and air my dirty laundry, i'm gonna countdown what i personally consider my Vices. I encourage you to holla back with what you consider your own vices!

Vice 1: Biting my nails, yes it's a very tame vice, but one i've been battling with for ages.

Vice 2: Reading trashy, romance novels...LOL! I blame boarding school for ever letting me near a Mills and Boon, i'm addicted to them and their frivilous story-lines..especially the leading men with unbelievable names like "Hunter" and "Hawk"!

Vice 3: I love Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen movies...they are useless, full of air, but that hasnt stopped me from renting every single one of their movies to date.

Vice 4: I always sleep with my makeup on, yes i know what the beauty experts have to say about that, but honestly...i couldn't be bothered.

Vice 5: I'm kinda bad with keeping time...usually the time i have to be somewhere by, is the time i'm leaving the house. The irony is i HATE people being late to whatever meetings i've arranged!

Vice 6: I enjoy eating raw pasta, ie, when it's hard and crackly in the packet. It's probably bad for you, but once again...i can't be bothered!

Vice 7: Listening to "Top 40" type hits! Everyone is always trying to find the latest "underground" artist to listen to, while i love the commercial, bubblegum pop groups, boy bands or solo artist the music industry is spewing out at an exponential rate!

I made a brief google search and came across some hilarious sites that tie in with today's blog them. Go to...

1) http://www.keepersoflists.org/index.php?lid=1000 This site lists some hilarious vices such as; sleeping with my ex, farting in enclosed spaces, chronic masturbation & drunk dialling but to mention a few.

2) http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=726515 This site has a more sober view on bad habits...but still mentions vices such as; being a 'Peeping Tom', forwarding emails, slicing golf balls(????)

3) http://jeremy.zawodny.com/blog/archives/000521.html This blog is aptly named, "The 10 Habits of Highly Annoying Bloggers"...enuff said!

3 comments:

Anita said...

Hey Vim
Nice changes to your site! You might want to add to the vices - blogging about all my vices and spending too much time on my blog re-design! ;) - just kidding!

Hope you had a great weekend!
Love
Me

Vimbai said...

Touche pussy cat!

I love my blog...i'm not ashamed, everyone must have a hobby :P

Heartwarmer said...

chronic masturbation? Hee hee nothing evil in that. No bad habit there...right!
Hee hee heee.

Lets see, I use far too many f, d, v, c, and p words these days...especially when...cursing in general.

smoking...
drinking...
engaging in 'sexual acts'- very bad indeed.
what I call loving too much and too many.
It's a long list vimbai.