Thursday, September 07, 2006

No Shrinking Violet!


You know how it is when your day is dragging and you're dying for an instant pick-me-up, well Ladies and Gentlemen, i have found it in the form of Violet Moyo. She is a budding star within the Zim community, with her inspiring cover versions of songs like "Crazy" by Gnarls Barkley and "Overprotected" by Britney Spears, its only a matter of time before she takes the world by storm!

The first time i heard her i nearly pee'd myself with laughter! Think i'm exaggerating, go and check out her site for yourself and listen to her songs; http://www.esnips.com/web/violetmoyosOtherStuff

Once you've checked out her beats, give her some feedback by signing in her guestbook at;
http://www.violetmoyo.bravehost.com/

Otherwise my day has been pretty cool! I played hooky with a friend of mine for an hour, twas great living on the wrong side of the law (i must get out more often!). I felt so bad about leaving my colleagues in the lurch for all of 60mins i brought them donuts and was then crowned "Queen for the Day"! This friend of mine and i share a common interest in TS Eliot, they go a step further and can actually recite chunks of it (show off). Anywho, i just wanted to share one of my favourite poet's take on TS Eliot's "The Wasteland, Enjoy!

Waste Land Limericks: Wendy Cope

I
In April one seldom feels cheerful;
Dry stones, sun and dust make me fearful;
Clairvoyantes distress me,
Commuters depress me–
Met Stetson and gave him an earful.

II
She sat on a mighty fine chair,
Sparks flew as she tidied her hair;
She asks many questions,I make few suggestions–
Bad as Albert and Lil–what a pair!

III
The Thames runs, bones rattle, rats creep;
Tiresias fancies a peep–A typist is laid,
A record is played–Wei la la.
After this it gets deep.

IV
A Phoenician named Phlebas forgot
About birds and his business–the lot,
Which is no surprise,
Since he’d met his demise
And been left in the ocean to rot.

V
No water.
Dry rocks and dry throats,
Then thunder, a shower of quotes
From the Sanskrit and Dante.
Da. Damyata. Shantih.
I hope you’ll make sense of the notes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my life is all abt playing hookie!!
even doing it now - have 2 deadlines and all i wanna do is look up silly jokes!!

hows this one: I slit the sheet - the sheet I slit - and on the slitted sheet I sit

say it really fast lots of times - tee hee

Waz ere again!