Ummmm, yah! So i'm kinda chuffed that i look like Angelina Jolie & Natalie Imbruglia....but...ummm...what happened to the people of colour?
I know i should bear a striking resemblence to Naomi, Tyra and of course Beyonce...LOL
More importantly, who the heck is Connor Oberst? That was kinda random!
Have a great weekend people, catch y'all on the rebound!
Friday, September 29, 2006
Thursday, September 28, 2006
Wednesday, September 27, 2006
- Floss, floss, floss....it's good for you!
- The people you love will ultimately disappoint you but that doesnt stop you loving them any less.
- Video did kill the radio star *snigger snigger*
- Love and be civil to your siblings, they're ultimately the only people who truly have your back.
- You can't make anyone love you *sigh*
- Forgiveness is an ongoing process.
- What goes around, comes around.
- Most often than not the glass is half full
- Don't take anything or anyone for granted.
- Fons vitae caritus (latin) - Love is the fountain of life.
- Holding back on your full potential does nothing for anybody.
- Birds of a feather do tend to flock together (good and bad birds alike...lol)
- As Aaliyah sang, "If at first you don't succeed, dust yourself off and try again"
- It's good to get a thick skin, but don't lose all your innocence.
- As Erkyah Badu sang, "If your knowledge where your wealth, then it would be well earned."
- There will always be two groups...the oppressed and the oppressor.
- The good do die young *sniff*
- Everybody looks good in black!
- "Man is not an island, entire to himself" - John Donne
- He who angers you, conquers you.
- You never stop learning and with a lot of patience you can teach an old dog new tricks!
- Under the cloak of darkness, we are all black :-)
- Sometimes there's nothing you can do...and that's okay.
- Exercise is good for you *go figure*
- Don't ignore your Maker, he's all ears!
Tuesday, September 26, 2006
I got punk'd today, sadly Ashton Kutcher was nowhere in sight when it happened...but i was still pretty peeved!
What happened was a friend of mine "supposedly" got an email from his friend in SA to say that JayZ had cancelled his SA tour. When i heard this, i can honestly say my heart sank :-( I mean, why would he cancel his SA tour and go to the rest....i then went on to blame Rhianna, coz she already has a history of cancelling last minute on SA tours. In my disbelief i visited all the major entertainment sites and found NOTHING, ZIP, ZERO, NADA... Only for my friend to get back to me to say his friend had been lying all along!
It was so not cool!
Written by Vimbai on Tuesday, September 26, 2006
Monday, September 25, 2006
And the livin' is easy
Fish are jumpin'
And the cotton is high"
George Gershwin may have beat me to immortalising the joys of summer in his song, aptly named, "Summertime" but that aint gonna stop me in sharing with all y'all why summer is my favourite time of the year!
1. It's jacaranda season! The streets and gardens are draped in lilac confetti , it looks amazing. Yes my allergies suffer, but its a small price to pay for such beauty!
2. It's easier to wake up in the morning, with light streaming in from 5.30am, i find my body is less reluctant to get up from its warm confines!
3. Weekends transform into 3day fiesta's, everyone feels the need to get outside and party up a storm....divine.
4. Less clothing! I'm sure males everywhere will nod in agreement that the opposite sex looks easier on the eye, lol. Speaking on behalf of all the ladies, its great to let the skin breath.
5. Fruit, fruit, fruit! Winter is like a barren wasteland, but in summer, everything comes alive. Gosh, i could wax lyrical for hours about my love of all things citrus, watermelons, peaches, grapes....yum!
6. Sunny dispositions...its really hard to be in a bad mood when the sun is shining bright outside!
7. Music sounds that much better! When those in the northern hemisphere are experiencing their summer delights and all artists are debuting their latest summer tracks...believe, they dont sound so catchy to those of us down south combating the cold and strains of flu....But when the sun gets us, all of a sudden, those catchy rhymes make sense...we totally get the idea of "shaking our booty till the early morn!"
8. Getting caught in a summer down-pour...not so great for one's hair (black hair that is) but definitely brings out the inner child in us all!
Some not so great things about summer!
1. Being stuck indoors, in the office when the weather is gorgeous!
2. Getting burnt in the sun and ending up with strange, criss-crossy tan lines that last the whole of summer.
3. My allergies flare up big time *sniffle sniffle*
4. MOSQUITOES!!!! Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh....enuff said :-)
Feel free to share your favourite things about summer with me!
Thursday, September 21, 2006
How insightful...i usually think these online quizzes are a load of hogwash but this one's pretty on the nail!
Your Love Life Secrets Are
Looking back on your life, you will have a few true loves.
You're a little scarred from your past relationships, but who isn't?
It's important to you that your lover is very attractive. You like to have someone to show off.
In fights, you are able to walk away and calm down. You are able to weather the storm.
Break-ups can be painful for you, but you never show it. You hold your head high.
Wednesday, September 20, 2006
Friday, September 15, 2006
It's exactly one month before my birthday and i'm feeling particularly self involved...so i dedicated this blog to random information you may...or may not want to know about moi!
Last thing you burned while cooking?
I'm sorry...did you say cook??? *frowns at this foreign concept*
Describe yourself in 3 words?
Cerebral, creative & fun loving
How long does it take you to get ready for your day?
35mins..i've got it down to an art form....This includes showering, exfoliating, moisturising, putting my face on and picking my shoes & outfit.
Are you a health freak?
Lol...ummm no, but i'm healthy if that's any consolation.
How many people have thought you were the one?
Well... two, but with the way one of them turned out I'd have to say only one. Can't really be sure though!
What turns you off about the opposite sex?
Those with Sexist, dictator-ish type tendencies who generally don't treat women in general well!
Favorite thing to toast to?
Life, Love and everything in between!
What celebrity would you have coffee with?
Dead: Aaliyah (loved her!)
Alive: Wentworth Miller *swoon*
What celebrity would you not have sex with?
Ummmm...Marilyn Manson i guess (don't know why that was the first name that popped into my head)
What is the main ringtone on your cell?
"Get Low"...so gangsta!
What were you doing at midnight last night?
What was the last tv show you watched?
One Tree Hill and that was like 5mins of it...
What is your top 5 hollywood hottie list?
Wentworth Miller, Jesse Metcalfe, , T.I., Adrien Grenier & Adam Brody
Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone?
When/where was the last place you traveled?
How many times have you been in love?
Three times...although i could go all philosophical on you and ask "what is love"
How old will you be in 10 years?
What did the last text message you received on your cell say?
"Am running extremely late! Cover for me!"
Sinful snacking weakness?
Black Forest Gateau...mmmmmmmmmmmmmh
What would you do if you could be the opposite sex for a day?
Swagger. I'd walk like my nuts are in a cart and I'm just swaggering behind.
In your cd player right now?
John Mayer, "Heavier Things"...sooooooooooooooo soulful!
What is something you believe in?
Karma and God
What is something you fear?
Spiders *shudder shudder*
Best time to catch you in a good mood?
After a bout of quality retail therapy....i am absolutely sublime!
What is one of your pet peeves?
Selfish, egocentric bastards!
What song are you listening to right now?
Corrinne Bailey Rae - Trouble Sleeping (i have it on repeat)
If you could sucker punch someone right now who would it be?
They know who they are *evil chuckle*
Nothing I'm willing to put in writing...
Favourite physical part of the opposite sex?
Shoulders and chest... the broader the better....then again nice arms are a plus...as are calves & thighs...darnit, i like it all!
Very dark, solemn corporate colours (i wear very bright underwear to make up for all the sobriety...lol)
Do you think anyone actually has read this far?
I hope not.
Wednesday, September 13, 2006
If the Karmic powers that be are out there, please listen up....NO MORE SPOONS....please!
Ever get that feeling, that life is handing you spoons? In the beginning, you don't really mind...what the heck, the more spoons the better. But one day you wake up and think, "Ummmm, why am i only getting spoons, what happened to a good old fashioned knife....what the heck, how about a damn fork."
But noooooooooooooooo, the universe keeps churning spoons out into your direction. So what now...do you give in and accept that all i'll ever get is a darn spoon or do i hold out and patiently wait for the appearance of some other form of cutlery...?
*sigh* I don't like spoons anymore*pout*......i don't think i ever did, its just...well, they were so darn convenient.
So hear's to Knives and Forks everywhere...i wait with bated breath :-)
* Side Note: Before you think i'm losing my marbles, this tirade wasn't literally about spoons...hehehe
Written by Vimbai on Wednesday, September 13, 2006
Tuesday, September 12, 2006
Your Blogging Type is Pensive and Philosophical
You blog like no one else is reading...
You tend to use your blog to explore ideas - often in long winded prose.
Easy going and flexible, you tend to befriend other bloggers easily.
But if they disagree with once too much, you'll pull them from your blogroll!
Written by Vimbai on Tuesday, September 12, 2006
Monday, September 11, 2006
A friend and i were having a long conversation about nothing really, that is, until we got to the subject of vices... I was asking them what they considered their vices. Not surprisingly, a lot of umm'ing and ahhh'ing followed by questions like "define a vice"...the usual avoiding of the topic. So i volunteered to go first.... Before i began though, we had to define what a vice was! According to www.dictionary.com (i spend way too much time on this website) these are the following definitions of a vice:-
i) a bad habit
ii) a fault, defect, or shortcoming
iii) an immoral or evil habit or practice (a little harsh)
Now, you are all probably familiar with the traditional 7 vices, also known as the 7 Seven Deadly Sins which were made famous by Brad Pitt in the movie appropriately named, "Seven". (Ironically this may be the only Brad Pitt movie i didnt watch coz i am very squeamish!). They were; Lust, Gluttony, Greed, Sloth, Wrath, Envy and Pride.
So in a bid to join the "Confessional Age" and air my dirty laundry, i'm gonna countdown what i personally consider my Vices. I encourage you to holla back with what you consider your own vices!
Vice 1: Biting my nails, yes it's a very tame vice, but one i've been battling with for ages.
Vice 2: Reading trashy, romance novels...LOL! I blame boarding school for ever letting me near a Mills and Boon, i'm addicted to them and their frivilous story-lines..especially the leading men with unbelievable names like "Hunter" and "Hawk"!
Vice 3: I love Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen movies...they are useless, full of air, but that hasnt stopped me from renting every single one of their movies to date.
Vice 4: I always sleep with my makeup on, yes i know what the beauty experts have to say about that, but honestly...i couldn't be bothered.
Vice 5: I'm kinda bad with keeping time...usually the time i have to be somewhere by, is the time i'm leaving the house. The irony is i HATE people being late to whatever meetings i've arranged!
Vice 6: I enjoy eating raw pasta, ie, when it's hard and crackly in the packet. It's probably bad for you, but once again...i can't be bothered!
Vice 7: Listening to "Top 40" type hits! Everyone is always trying to find the latest "underground" artist to listen to, while i love the commercial, bubblegum pop groups, boy bands or solo artist the music industry is spewing out at an exponential rate!
I made a brief google search and came across some hilarious sites that tie in with today's blog them. Go to...
1) http://www.keepersoflists.org/index.php?lid=1000 This site lists some hilarious vices such as; sleeping with my ex, farting in enclosed spaces, chronic masturbation & drunk dialling but to mention a few.
2) http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=726515 This site has a more sober view on bad habits...but still mentions vices such as; being a 'Peeping Tom', forwarding emails, slicing golf balls(????)
3) http://jeremy.zawodny.com/blog/archives/000521.html This blog is aptly named, "The 10 Habits of Highly Annoying Bloggers"...enuff said!
Written by Vimbai on Monday, September 11, 2006
Thursday, September 07, 2006
You know how it is when your day is dragging and you're dying for an instant pick-me-up, well Ladies and Gentlemen, i have found it in the form of Violet Moyo. She is a budding star within the Zim community, with her inspiring cover versions of songs like "Crazy" by Gnarls Barkley and "Overprotected" by Britney Spears, its only a matter of time before she takes the world by storm!
The first time i heard her i nearly pee'd myself with laughter! Think i'm exaggerating, go and check out her site for yourself and listen to her songs; http://www.esnips.com/web/violetmoyosOtherStuff
Once you've checked out her beats, give her some feedback by signing in her guestbook at;
Otherwise my day has been pretty cool! I played hooky with a friend of mine for an hour, twas great living on the wrong side of the law (i must get out more often!). I felt so bad about leaving my colleagues in the lurch for all of 60mins i brought them donuts and was then crowned "Queen for the Day"! This friend of mine and i share a common interest in TS Eliot, they go a step further and can actually recite chunks of it (show off). Anywho, i just wanted to share one of my favourite poet's take on TS Eliot's "The Wasteland, Enjoy!
Written by Vimbai on Thursday, September 07, 2006
Wednesday, September 06, 2006
Do you ever think of what job you'd rather be doing than the one you're doing at this particular moment? Of late, i find myself drifting off into some daydream or the other about what profession i'd rather have...this usually happens after watching the Rise & Rise of somebody on E!. Ironically, i'm not that dissatisfied with my current job, truth be told i really like it and find it challenges me in many ways. However, now and again, i find myself musing about what i would be doing if money, talent and opportunity were not an issue, so listed below (in no particular order) is my list of dream professions;
- A lounge singer...think sultry, velvet clad siren crooning some Ella Fitzgerald hit or belting out the chorus to Aretha's "R-E-S-P-E-C-T".
- Marine biologist: Yup, rather random and not all that popular after Steve Irwin's tragic demise, but swimming with the fishies has always fascinated me.
- Fashion Designer: Think more Stella McCartney and less John Galliano, the Parisien runways wouldn't know what would have hit them!
- Magazine Editor: Thankfully, i get to live this particular profession as a co-editor in chief of my firm's magazine. Still find it lots of fun, given the excruciating attention to detail one must have.
- Actress: Forget Halle and Nia, i am the next best thing...I've got my Oscar acceptance speech ready, lol.
- Renowned Novelist: Oprah would place me at the top of her booklist, ka-ching!
- Masseuse: Not a dodgy masseuse either, tsk tsk. I've got healing hands...well so i've been told.
- Media Mogul: I would run this amazing empire that would include a production company, fashion empire, airline franchise, hotel franchise and a record label.
- Property Mogul: With Donald Trumps business savvy and Pam Goldings experience, i would literally own the world!
- "It Girl": What exactly does Paris Hilton get paid for, coz she has the easiest "job" in the world!
- Artist: Pottery, sculpting, life-drawing, still-life, design, you name it...i would be able to do it.
I'm gonna make this blog a little more interactive and ask what y'all would be if money, talent and opportunity were not obstacles....i dare ya!
Monday, September 04, 2006
Gosh, i don't know what's in the air but it's definitely catching! Everyone i know is getting engaged!!! Last nite, my catch-up-on-work session was interrupted by a rather estatic Anita with "fabulous news" that Dave had proposed. I was in shock...and i'm generally unshockable...but what a lovely shock this was! Of course, i had to get the full story out of her..ie how it happened, where it happened, whether there was a North-Easterly airflow and what angle the sun or moon was at - basically i am very detailed orientated! I even got to gush to the groom-to-be how happy i was for them both.
Written by Vimbai on Monday, September 04, 2006
Friday, September 01, 2006
This was meant to be yesterday's blog but work was kinda crazy.
Yesterday i decided to sport my new totally-in-vogue leather corset belt to work and if i may say so myself, i was truly styling! Its similar to the one in the pic on the far right, but i wore it over a crisp white shirt. What the makers of this contraption forget to mention was one's inability to breath when wearing it!
Initially i couldn't get over my new 24inch waist, made me feel like Lana Turner or Ava Gardner from those TCM flicks...but after having a few dizzy spells & feeling plain uncomfortable, it seems the euphoria was truly short-lived! I do not envy Victorian dames at all. Lets just say, after scoffing myself silly at lunch time, all thoughts of wearing the belt were abandoned.
Fashion truly knows no pain!
Written by Vimbai on Friday, September 01, 2006