Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The Sounds of Summer


Ooooooooooooooooooooh Summer is here in full form! I'm SO excited. And there's nothing like some summer sounds/music to add to the whole vibe of the season. I've already told you about Lily Allen, if you haven't checked out her album "Alright Still" you should, but i've made another discovery, her name is Corrinne Baily Rae. Okay, okay, my "discovery" is a bit delayed...people had told me about her ages ago and i fronted...then i heard her song, "Put your record on" and i found it kinda annoying (Denial is such an ugly thing). Then one day, while doing a bit of channel surfing i saw her video for, "Trouble Sleeping" and fell in love instantly. She's got an Erykah Badu-y, Katie Melua-y, Neo Soul-y vibe that just heralds the season of summer. Her lyrics are so brutally honest, uncontrived, hopelessly romantic & simple... My other favourites are "Enchantment" & "Butterfly" ...

Let me end off by sharing a few lyrics from her song, "Trouble Sleeping"...


It's late and I'm feeling so tired
Having trouble sleeping
This constant compromise
Between thinking and breathing
Could it be I'm suffering
Because I'll never give in
Won't say that I'm falling in love
Tell me I don't see myself
Couldn't I blame something else
Don't say I'm falling in love

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Theres a singing mosquito coming your way!!! Maybe we can sing some soulful tunes together.... xoxox