"You're out of the woods,
You're out of the dark,
You're out of the night"
Okay the above song, taken from my all-time favourite movie ever, "The Wizard of Oz"has nothing to do with what i'm gonna talk about. Just wanted to throw it in...i know there're some people out there reading who appreciate the relevance of that song (you know who you are).
Now the picture of the ruby slippers is directly related to today's blog. There's a scene in the movie when Glenda (The Good Witch of the North) tells Dorothy to click her ruby slippers three times and make a wish...which will of course come true. Lordy, how many times have i wished that i had a ruby pair of Manolo Blahniks (hehehe) and got to do the things i've always dreamt of doing. In my frustation, a workmate & I compilied a list of things we'd like to do before we die...yes it sounds morbid, but it had to be done. The list was....long, to say the least. I would like to share with you a couple of my wishes (the more PG rated/tame ones...hahahaha). Maybe some of you out there could assist me in making 'em a dream come true!
- Go to the Maldives for 2 weeks....i love that place (well the pics i've seen of it anyway!)
- Learn how to Tap Dance...Fred Astaire, step aside!
- Get a tattoo of a phoenix on my lower back (i'm half-way there with this one, i have the design)
- Go to the Oscars/Grammy's/VMA's...as an invited guest of course, not the girl selling the peanuts...even better if I'm nominated for an award :-)
- Write a short novel....mmmmmh, tricky, but can be done with a lot of focus. Have some story lines in my head.
- Spend the weekend in the penthouse suite of some Larney hotel having an utterly luxurious time.
- Learn how to play the piano.....my rendition of chopsticks can only take me so far!
- Own a Health Spa & Fashion Boutique....*sigh*
Well, those are the ones i'm gonna share with you. Hope you all stay well