Thursday, July 20, 2006

Pirouettes & Plies


Went out to watch the Ballet with friends last nite. Had completely forgotten i was meant to go, but after being gently reminded *ahem* found myself heading that way after work.

I wasn't really sure what to expect, having watched "Centre Stage" and "The Company" i guess my expectations where unrealistically high. The opening acts weren't so great but the acts involving the visiting dancers from South Africa where amazing, especially the rendition of Anna Pavlova's "The Dying Swan"...i got goosebumps all over, twas spectacular, the dance really captures the fragility of life.

I was quite impressed with the more local dance acts, not ballet per se, but very fluid and lively all the same. Makes me wish i had pursued some sort of dance class at some point in my life...mmmmh

1 comment:

Star said...

Vimbai, how so very BOURGEOIS, the ballet?